Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: C20XE exhaust manifold
SandyC

posted on 10/5/11 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
C20XE exhaust manifold

Hi,

Anyone know where i can get an stainless exhaust manifold made up for my Tiger Avon in Aberdeenshire.

I've tried turriff tyres but they won't do the manifold, just the system

thanks Sandy

Tiger Avon
C20XE

laptoprob

posted on 10/5/11 at 06:58 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Sandy,

why bother having one made? Are you running high spec engine or just for looks?

Have you looked at the Westfield version? I am using one that i bought second hand, there always seems to be one kncoking about somewhere if you look hard enough.

Other one is the kitpartsdirect version which is fine for a std setup and comes over the body rather than through it, you`ll just need to cut the bonnet.

Kitpartdirect version.....
[img][/img]
Westfield version on my car...(sorry about large pic)
[img][/img]

[Edited on 10/5/11 by laptoprob]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

SandyC

posted on 10/5/11 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the quick reply, i had looked at the Westfield manifold/ system. Did yours fit in with no problems, does it clear the diagonal chassis rails OK. I've kind of discounted the bonnet exit as my bonnet isn't a great fit and i think cutting a hole in it would weaken it.

many thanks Sandy

Tiger Avon
C20XE

stevegough

posted on 10/5/11 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
Mine is from Kit parts direct, - £145 - not the best quality, but you get what you pay for same as in the oversized photo above. Not a lot of use to you if you are exiting the side panel, though. My GRP bonnet wasn't brilliant quality, but, as floppy as it is, its still quite strong when fitted properly.

Description
Description

Description
Description

You could try contacting '907' on here, who would make one for you - his work is reputedly excellent - or look on his website

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

omega 24 v6

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Sandy my one has a westfield manifold on it and I'm in the Broch if you want a look/measure etc.

SBD also do a hich performance better flow set up for a seven but its not stainless and it'll be expensive I'd imagine.

[Edited on 10/5/11 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

laptoprob

posted on 10/5/11 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sandy,
the westfield version was the easiest to fit by far although i still had to heat it up at the engine end and put some weight on it to get it to where i wanted.

The kitparts one like i said is fine and looks good when fitted but i had to give it alot of heat and weight to get it to go over the tub.

If you have the money then the SBD is probably the best off the shelf manifold you can buy but not sure if it fits well into an Avon.

I have the westy one in like i said and my car is kicking out just shy of 226hp but its on its limits. I will be heading to Bradford soon to have Tony Law build be a mild steel version with 2" headers and 2 1/2" exit as this is what my spec requires and will probably give me an extra 10 bhp.

If your not going to up the BHP much then personally i would go with the westy version as it was by far the best quality and easiest to fit although i have to endorse it needs some bending to get it in so have a gas bottle and torch handy and someone with a large bar or in my case attach it to the engine and jump on it. Sounds gruesome but it looks great now its in.That said if i was having to fork out for it new then i wouldnt have gone down that path.

TONY LAWwill make a bespoke item for 380 + vat.

Hope this isnt too confusing for you

[Edited on 10/5/11 by laptoprob]

SandyC

posted on 11/5/11 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob,

I'm hoping to get ~200hp out of mine for now so i guess the Westfield one would do me. I'm up north of Aberdeen so going to Tony Law to get one made is a bit of a journey. I did have a guy lined up localish to make one for me but he's flat out and i've been waiting a good few weeks now and i've already missed a few hillclimbs. I've also had a reply from a guy local to me with the Westy manifold, i'll go and have a look at it this weekend and make my mind up,

thaks for all the reply's

Sandy

Tiger Avon
C20XE

laptoprob

posted on 11/5/11 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Sandy,

how quick do you need the manifold?

I have plans and obviously mine is the perfect fit for an Avon

Let me know mate.

Rob.

SandyC

posted on 11/5/11 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Rob,

I would like one in the next week or so as i still need to get the car set up once i have the manifold, but that said i don't have a definate plan in place yet.

Cjeers Sandy

Tiger Avon
C20XE

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.