Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Engineering show on Sky 1… you can be on it!!!
FlansS14

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
New Engineering show on Sky 1… you can be on it!!!

Morning Lads, there is a new show coming out on Sky 1…. Bit like Scrapheap challenge but better. They need teams of 4 to build a contraption/Device to reach the safe with £5000 inside.
I don’t work for the show but was a contestant on the first show they have filmed. I can honestly tell you it’s the best thing ive done!!!! You get £1000 to buy your bits then 2 days to build it (plus a safety day for kill switches/covering chains/rollcage…ect)
The Whole team that run the show are really cool! And I guarantee you will have fun (if your good at engineering…don’t try to blag it)

Get Locost Builders on the Map!!!

Here is what they put out there…. Tell your friends!
Flan

• ARE YOU A GROUP OF ENGINEERING ENTHUSIASTS?

• MAYBE YOU LIKE TO BUILD AND MODIFY IN YOUR SPARE TIME?

• ARE YOU UP FOR A 3 DAY CHALLENGE IN A STUNNING UK LOCATION AND THE CHANCE TO WIN A CASH PRIZE?

• YOUR SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND INGENUITY WILL BE TESTED IN A RACE AGAINST TIME AND ANOTHER TEAM TO CRACK THE CODE ON OUR SAFE … AND GET YOUR HANDS ON THE CASH!

Maverick Television is looking for groups of friends who are interested in mechanics, are keen salvagers, engineering eggheads and those who have a genuine passion for building machines to take part in a fun, challenging new 8 part series for Sky 1.
Each week 2 teams will go head to head in a race to reach a safe hidden somewhere in a breathtaking UK location.
The safe contains a big cash prize. To get their hands on the safe, each team must design and construct a machine capable of transporting them to it, or bringing it to them. Each team is given tools and materials and a limited amount of time. Whoever gets to the safe first gets the chance to break the code and win the money.
Each show will see the teams face a different challenge- e.g. The safe is placed at the bottom of a river, or inside a burning building, or on top of a mountain surrounded by forest.

So if your team feels up to the challenge of Safebreakers, you can all apply online here:
http://safebreakers.arecasting.tv
Or for more information, contact Jodie: j.evans@mavericktv.co.uk

Why didn't i just make it simple!

tegwin

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
That looks awsome..

Anyone want to form a team!?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Is it bad that within thirty seconds of reading this I had a team assembled? They just don't know it yet

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

cloudy

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
As a past scrapheap champion This sounds brilliant - probably one of teammates from scrapheap would probably be game too...

www.warnercars.com

blakep82

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
looks awesome fun
i'd be in, but doubt i'd be very good lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jossey

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
i was doing the working out who i want in my team in my head too.

What a class idea....

cool as fook.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedstar

posted on 10/5/11 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Was invited along for interviews and stuff for this, but dates conflicted with uni

Reckon it would be ar right laugh!

FlansS14

posted on 10/5/11 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Its brilliant!!

My team did the first challenge/show but there are 8 more they need to film so thats 16teams they need. Granted they need more but worth a punt ay!

Flan

owelly

posted on 26/6/11 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Well I was forwarded as a competitor and now I'm sat in a hotel in South Wales waiting to start building/filming in the morning.
Many thanks to the guys on here who have helped us prepare for this and no thanks to the rest of Team PPC Magazine for getting me involved.
We have a big pile of shrapnel, a Rover V8 engine and a pile of hydraulic pipes. What could possibly go wrong?

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
UncleFista

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Nice one Mr Welly, keep us informed (but don't tell us the result !)

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

FlansS14

posted on 22/8/11 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Well I was forwarded as a competitor and now I'm sat in a hotel in South Wales waiting to start building/filming in the morning.
Many thanks to the guys on here who have helped us prepare for this and no thanks to the rest of Team PPC Magazine for getting me involved.
We have a big pile of shrapnel, a Rover V8 engine and a pile of hydraulic pipes. What could possibly go wrong?

Thats cool,

When i was down Jodie was still looking for quality teams. I told them to call the PPC office.... i knew them boys would be well up for it.

you dont have to thank me lol

were on tonights show.... AKA "The Tractor Boys".... they picked the name!

metro6r4

posted on 22/8/11 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
id love to have a go but i don't think my engineering skills would be up to it

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.