Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gsxr clutch slip
elf83

posted on 11/5/11 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Gsxr clutch slip

Think i have a rattle from the engine but being new to bec's wouldnt really know, i had clutch slip at about 7000 rpm but dont get it everytime, is that normal?

I have ordered a new clutch anyways and spoken with a bike garage that belives the rattle could be the clutch springs at the back.
Anyone with any experience here shed some light?

MikeCapon

posted on 11/5/11 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
You don't mention which GSXR motor you're talking about but for what it's worth the older models are very susceptible to clutch slip if the wrong oil is used. The wet clutches hate high spec car oils and slip under load.

You should use a specific bike oil.

HTH

Mike

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
elf83

posted on 11/5/11 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, its a 2002 gsxr 1000. Only use decent bike oil in it though. Would it be worth upgrading to a barnett clutch anyway?
tiggy

posted on 11/5/11 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
lm running the same engine and had same problem, was advised to stick with original plates and barnett springs . Works fine after i sussed out the ajustment on the clutch arm on the clutch cover.
neo2

posted on 11/5/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
check this thread
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=154904

danny keenan

posted on 12/5/11 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
neo2 was it you that was racing in your mk indy in the nscc.if so how did you get on.any help you need just ask me.

i think i am going to enter the nscc croft race in august,im up there on the same weekend with our championship

cheers danny

neo2

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah Danny it was me mate, was'nt happy with the car at all it was running crap misfiring at 8k rpm onwards and spluttering its way round, then the cluch started to slip and progressively got worse so had no drive after i hit the chq flag had to get towing in it was slipping that bad, the car wasnt quick enough full stop, but its in daytuner tomorrow for a full set up diagnosis and what ever it takes to get it to actually go at a decent pace.. on a good note, it handled mint and the trickshifter flatshifter and paddle shift worked excellent lol
danny keenan

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
the splutering may be down to a fai=ulty injector iv had that before.
my engine is up at daytuner at the mo.going to collect it next week.im sure he will sort your car.
if you need any tips on the handling and set up give me a ring.

what sort of lap times are you aiming for round croft?

cheers danny

neo2

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
yeah will do danny thanks mate.. laptimes wise jesus i was putting in 1.44's absolute crap, im looking nearer 1.38 or better to be honest i used to do 1.39 is a corsa tin top
danny keenan

posted on 12/5/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
i take it your not on slicks?i can get mk indy-rr round in 1.29,s hope to take a second of that this year.
neo2

posted on 13/5/11 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Nah im on a048r's been to day tuner today and got car sorted in a nutshell the ecu for the flatshifter is causing the missfire, its interupting the sparks on all cylinders at 8k and above so diconnected that for diagnosis and the injector in number 4 was only dribbling and did 23cc when the others did 64cc in the test, the harder you asked of injector the worse it got... first dyno run made 93bhp lol

last one made 146bhp at the wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHH7FX9j2I8

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.