Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MAC#1 Worx ZX10R 2009
bonesetter

posted on 11/5/11 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
MAC#1 Worx ZX10R 2009

Built new in 2009, this MAC#1 Worx is as new condition ready to go. In Kawasaki Green and white with white wheels and ZX10R graphics

ZX10R with 175BHP from Malcolm at Yorkshire Engines. 6 speed sequential gearbox. When fitted the mileage on the engine was very low (~100). Car weighs 523Kg's with fluids (recorded on corner weighting paperwork) so this means 335bhp/ton! The car is so light, on the road the brakes hardly need to be applied, just lift the throttle or change down a gear.

I purchased the car last Autumn with the intent to use it as a dedicated track car but the plans haven't materialised so it's up for sale.

Car was wintered and has been brought out in the last couple of months. I have taken it out a few times on the road, and also took it to Mallory Park last month, which was its first ever track day.

The chap I bought the car off I think liked building kit cars as this was his third. He had used it for a short time on the road only. He had set up the geometry using string and quite frankly the handling was plain dangerous. I took the car to ProComp Racing and they spent a day and a half dyno testing each damper to ensure matching, and then setting up geometry, finally corner weighting the car.

Unlike almost all other kits, the MAC#1 comes with fully adjustable rose jointed suspension enabling a good amount of adjustment to dial in the best set-up. The engine cradle is rubber bushed which was something I liked - most others are solid mounted.

Rear suspension is fully independent, drive is through a custom made propshaft into a Freelander diff which is a good final drive ratio giving the best combination between acceleration and top end speed (3.5seconds and 128mph)

I am 6'3" so need a kit car which I was going to fit into. The MAC has a wide seating well, as well as plenty of leg room - the seat is not all the way back, and my head clears the roll bar with a helmet on

Top quality spec includes (all bought brand new) Willwood brakes, quick release steering wheel, freelander diff, Power commander quick rack, ZX10R instrument clocks, R888's, GIpro gear indicator, savage switches
Included in the sale is Optimate Pro 4 battery conditioner. Comes with two stainless steel exhaust silencers - one smaller one which is loud and a longer one which I bought new in September (£275) to pass TD noise test

Comprehensive folder of receipts/invoices detailing every item and work carried out totaling £12K

No need for MOT till 2012

4 wheel braked trailer also for sale separately

Located near Stourbridge dy9

£9K

[Edited on 11/5/11 by bonesetter]

[Edited on 11/5/11 by bonesetter]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.