Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Other projects
spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 01:32 AM Reply With Quote
Other projects

Hi all,
Just wondering what other projects people are building?

Once I have finished my Locost I will be starting my Triumph gt6 with cosworth engine, transmission, suspension and brakes, but do plan to replace the turbo engine with a BMW 2.5 straight six later on as I want to use it every day and the fuel consumption should be a bit more managable for everyday use.

I've also just got a Fiesta MK1, 1 owner from new, 25k genuine miles. Will drop in a tuned 1300 crossflow (because I already have one just waiting for something to go in), but a 4x4 cosworth Fiesta sounds appealing.

I think I probably have to many projects to complete them all but I dont think I am the only one am I?

Oh, I also have two kawasaki's to rebuild aswell so should keep me out of trouble for a while (Yes, I am Happily divorced. I wonder why?).

Best of luck with all your projects and plans.

[Edited on 14/5/11 by spiderman]

Spider

loggyboy

posted on 13/5/11 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
Apart from the countless DIY and household projects I have 2 Clio 172s, both bought cheaply but both with timing belt failures, the idea is to fix them both, sell one so the profits from that should mean the 2nd one is both bought and repaired for free, meaning when I sell it towards the end of my build I should have some money for IVA and registering.

The first is 90% there, engines repaired, new valves, guides, belts etc etc, all bolted and plumbed in, just needs final checks, new handbrake cable and the exhaust bolting back up and it should be there.
2nd is as I bought it still, hope to start and finish it by end of June as they are now a distraction from the Kit!

sorens2

posted on 13/5/11 at 03:35 AM Reply With Quote
I have just build a M3 for my mate.

Soren S2

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marcjagman

posted on 13/5/11 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
I ahve finally got my XR4x4 on the road after what seemed an endless list of troubles, new inner/outer/intermediate sills, new floor section, new brake pipes, home made exhaust, new clutch, new gearbox and noe has an intermitent missfire. Today will be starting to rub down my Melos having already repaired the cracks in the front wings and extending the rears then one day I may decide to get my 308 back on the road but as I hate the damn thing can't really see that happening.
mcerd1

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
when the dax is finished i've got this little project:
(those that know me will know how big a statment that is :lol: )

quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
I've also just got a Fiesta MK1, 1 owner from new, 25k genuine miles.

if you don't go ahead with this project - I'll buy the fiesta off you

-

nick205

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sorens2
I have just build a M3 for my mate.

Soren S2

That's a serious bit of cagery fitted there

Any more photos available?

phelpsa

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
This:

My every day project car which will be undergoing some more treatment now the Locost is ready to run again

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 13/5/11 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
We have the Super Secret (well not so secret) Project HHS in the design phase at the moment, basically an Aluminium Monocoque Mid engined RGB/Bike Sports car.

And for my own general entertainment I have Andy Lancasters old 306 GTI-6 as a track and B-Road toy, full set of EBC brakes ready to be fitted this weekend.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Simon

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
First thing is the do the extension - which will give me a much bigger garage (and her another bed/bathroom)

Then it'll be full steam ahead with the next project - a diesel bike, though I reckon we are talking at least a year before I get started, though bits may start being collected sooner

ATB

Simon

spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mcerd 1,
I may be interested in selling the Mk1 fiesta, when I I have picked it up but may also be interested in a swap for you gte if it is a se5 (i.e. pre 1973) as I am running a Peugeot 3.0 v6 as my every day car, which might be an interesting tow car.
I will send details and a photo or two at a later date if I do want to move it own, you will have first refusal.
It may not be for a week or two as the guy I have bought it off is away for about 10 days and I can't pick it up until then.

What sort of plans do you have for it?some thing wild and dangerous would be nice.

I will u2u you when I know what I am doing with it.

Spider

mcerd1

posted on 13/5/11 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
^^ the scimtar is actually a 1970 SE5, but its a total wreck as far as the bodywork goes
I've kind-of got some plans for it so I'll probably hold onto it (sorry) but I'll need to wait till the dax is done....

and to be honest there are normally better ones for sale for less than £300 (ebay etc... I keep looking as I recon the only way to sort that ones body is to get another one ! )

quote:
What sort of plans do you have for it?some thing wild and dangerous would be nice.

at this rate the plan could be for a daily driver (at least in the short term)
my focus has next to no clutch left and has just developed an oil leak too

I've been looking at Mk6 fiesta's, but I'd probably be just as happy going back to a really good mk1 (just like my first car, should never have sold it )

anyway first project is to finish re-building the garage (again) - this time its going to have a proper roof and be big enough for at least 3 cars

[Edited on 13/5/2011 by mcerd1]

-

sorens2

posted on 13/5/11 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
@ Nick205

Soren S2

spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Wow that's a nice bit of work sorens2 if you are not already building cars for a living perhaps you should.

[Edited on 13/5/11 by spiderman]

Spider

spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Any more interesting projects out there?

Spider

TimC

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Spiderman - where in the 'Shire are you?

I grew up 7 miles from Hereford and my better half is born'n'bred there.

deltron63

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
My MGB GT V8. It's been off the road for 20 years
spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi TimC,
I'm in Pembridge 16 miles NW of Hereford, and working in Hereford for the MoD.

Have you finished your locost yet or like me doing the final build (again). And are you the guy I bought a set of wings and nosecone from a couple of years ago? or was it a set of alloys?

I'm hoping to set up a small club, (once I've finished the locost), for those of us in the west, primarily to do some track days at Llandow.

On another point I work not far away (4 miles) from Raw Engineering, so if anyone wants stuff picking up from them I am willing to do so. I will also put this offer on a new post soon.

Spider

McLannahan

posted on 13/5/11 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
An old mk2 Golf in Oak Green.

I do love Golfs and hope this one is a keeper!

sorens2

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Wow that's a nice bit of work sorens2 if you are not already building cars for a living perhaps you should.

Thanks.
Sadly Im not.
Its just for the fun of it.

Soren S2

spiderman

posted on 13/5/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi sorens2 your mates M3 would be a good advert to send to prospective employers if you were interested in that line of work.

"Find a job you love doing and you will never have to do a days WORK in your life" as my Gandfather always said to me, just wish I had taken his advice when I was younger.

Spider

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.