Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: good day at barbon
daniel mason

posted on 14/5/11 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
good day at barbon

we were lucky to stay dry today,as it looked like rain but nothing came. making for some great competition. some nice cars were running and i have taken a few photos in my archive of todays event.
was good to chat to mkII and unijacko from locostbuilders again.

zilspeed

posted on 14/5/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Saw your pics Daniel.

It seems the Scottish contingent were there in strength again

Do you have a favourite car of the day ?

daniel mason

posted on 14/5/11 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
i loved the fiat 500. it was driven in anger as it should unlike the guy in the radical. the fiat was miles quicker up the hill than the radical on the day but it was down to the driver. there was a 1200 bhp audi quattro 2.2 turbo but he couldn't get power down. likewise a talbot sunbeam with cosworth power. he was spinning the wheels all the way up the straight.
there was a brand new (one meet old) special with 2 x 1600cc buas engines joined together to make a 3200cc v8 screamer. he won the first championship round with scot moran second and then second in the second championship round with scott moran 1st with ftd

HowardB

posted on 14/5/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
sounds fantastic, where to look for pictures, or video??

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

daniel mason

posted on 14/5/11 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
pics in my archive and i would imagine some videos will make youtube soon ish.

MkII

posted on 14/5/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
that fiat is fantastic!

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v360/125/90/826713559/n826713559_920326_4302.jpg

[Edited on 14/5/11 by MkII]

loggyboy

posted on 14/5/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Some mean look machinery there. Any pics of the audi? was it an original style quattro?
daniel mason

posted on 14/5/11 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
loggyboy. i thought i had taken some pics of it as well as a v6 westy and a few others but i dont seem to have them, it was awesome. huge bi-plane rear wing in carbon and huge carbon front splitter. 2.2 turbo, old style quattro in red. it was 1200 bhp but they de-tuned it today with a seperate map to 880 bhp. lol. still not that quick though to be honest as grip was proving an issue. some of the cars in the 1600cc class were in a different league to it.and they were running times on a par with the big boys.

zilspeed

posted on 15/5/11 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
loggyboy. i thought i had taken some pics of it as well as a v6 westy and a few others but i dont seem to have them, it was awesome. huge bi-plane rear wing in carbon and huge carbon front splitter. 2.2 turbo, old style quattro in red. it was 1200 bhp but they de-tuned it today with a seperate map to 880 bhp. lol. still not that quick though to be honest as grip was proving an issue. some of the cars in the 1600cc class were in a different league to it.and they were running times on a par with the big boys.

Chances are the V6 Westfield was maybe a V6 Dax.
I saw the Les Mutch car in the background in one of your pics.

It seems that Lee Adams was flying again in the Raptor too.

daniel mason

posted on 15/5/11 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
sorry yes the v6 was a dax rush. but it was highly modified to the pint it looked nothing like one. adams was very very quick. wallace menzies (dont know how to spell it) was not quite on form either. he was ftd last year

hillbillyracer

posted on 15/5/11 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
I saw the Fiat there last year (but the June one I think), & was also impressed, very well finished & he didn't hang about! Still an A series in the back? It had been through a few variations of engine type the bloke told me.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.