Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Smartphones
JoelP

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Smartphones

Ive just realised, i hate them! Only had it 5 hours, and i despise it. I was told you fell in love and soon couldnt remember how you lived without one.

Whats gone wrong? Just lots of little things that bug me. It keeps loading orangeworld.com, even when ive set my homepage elsewhere. I dont want F*all to do it orangeworld! And the email stuff is shite.

Sorry for the rant. Anyone else had bother?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

blakep82

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
i'm not with orange, so no. mines awesome

mine does keep resending texts without me knowing, but its unlimited free texts so not a concern really. makes things confusing for my friends though lol

[Edited on 17/5/11 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Benzine

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I can't be doing with smart phone battery life, terrible. I recharge every 4 or 5 days, girlfriend sometimes twice a day. I played with a smart phone a few times and I got annoyed at the virtual keyboard, I kept mashing multiple keys

[Edited on 17/5/11 by Benzine]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
McLannahan

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Not a Sony Xperia is it?

AndyW

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Luckily I have a blackberry which I dont consider to be a "smart" phone. However the mrs has an HTC desire thing, touch screen no buttons and it can really pi$$ me off with its "way".

I will stick to a phone thats got buttons.......

Good luck tho' try and get to grips or it will end up in the for sale section......

UncleFista

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Everyone who doesn't get on with virtual keyboards on smartphones needs to try Swype

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

StevieB

posted on 17/5/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I'm about to upgrade to iPhone 4, so will probably have several pet hates about it in about a week or so!
indykid

posted on 17/5/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I avoided touch screen phones for years but I'm really happy with my desire. I can type faster on the qwerty than I could on my n85.

Yes, the battery life is pretty rubbish (I just about get 2 days now the battery's run in) but it goes to bed with me every night so it gets stuck on charge. I charged my n85 about every 5 days, but that ran out of charge on me more often than my desire has.

I don't use many of the bells and whistles, but as a phone, I find it's really good.

clairetoo

posted on 17/5/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
it goes to bed with me every night so it gets stuck on charge.

Where do you plug it in

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Got a Nokia X6 and it does my head in.
The detector that stops you pressing keys with your face, doesn't.
Changing to a Blackberry real soon.
Only thing that I like about the X6 is the alarm. I love that. It's soooo gentle. Doesn't try to give me another heart attack when it goes off.

[Edited on 17/5/11 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Steve Hignett

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
it goes to bed with me every night so it gets stuck on charge.

Where do you plug it in

Your mind's in the gutter ain't it...

I like my HTC Hero (even though it's a little out of date nowadays), and when the contract is up in November, I will be going for the HTC Desire... (or newer HTC)

UncleFista

posted on 17/5/11 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
Got a Nokia X6 and it does my head in.
The detector that stops you pressing keys with your face, doesn't.
Changing to a Blackberry real soon.
Only thing that I like about the X6 is the alarm. I love that. It's soooo gentle. Doesn't try to give me another heart attack when it goes off.

[Edited on 17/5/11 by Confused but excited.]

I dunno whether it's available on a Blackberry, but "gentle alarm" app is excellent

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

v8kid

posted on 18/5/11 at 02:05 AM Reply With Quote
Just get an iPhone and your problems will be over

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
probablyleon

posted on 18/5/11 at 05:26 AM Reply With Quote
I agree... Had an HTC Desire for a couple of weeks, it irritated the crap out of me. I was all about to revert to a regular phone but was talked into trying an iPhone 4... Problem(s) solved. I've read all the anti Apple propaganda (got friends who write some of it) and there's a part of me that would love to hate the iPhone but, in this market, they have the best product by a mile.
jabs

posted on 18/5/11 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
I recharge every 4 or 5 days, girlfriend sometimes twice a day.

You recharge your girlfriend twice a day ???

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
I have an HTC desire and its the right device for me. Iphone is slick, very slick but it has some problems which I couldn't live with. For example, being forced to use Itunes which I hate and the COST, plus the fact that if you break your screen it isn't covered by their insurance. I don't need any other software to use my desire with my PC. In fact I don't need a PC at all really.

I'm not anti-apple, If I thought they had a better product I would get one. Apple got a big head start, they were the first and got the big market share. The playing field will be levelled out over time just as it did with the browser wars, IE, netscape FF etc

Plus, after moving from an IPOD touch to Android I have been astounded by the range of free app available!!

My 2p

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Ninehigh

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid

Cheers!

Yeah nothing will work and if you have any sense you'll bin it, no phone no problems!

From the person yet to find an iphone owner who can say it does everything they want it to and it works perfectly

wescottishmatt

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
Iphone 4 all the way. Recently upgraded from a 3GS version and the battery life is much better on the 4.

Wouldn't go back. I'm a convert of the 'smartphone'

FASTdan

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
I have a HTC desire and its great. I do a lot of emailing off it, typing is good on the keyboard - compared to a blackberry (my other half has one) with its microscopic keys there is simply no comparison. Using the HTC horizontally you can get a good typing pace on.

I suspect the android apps are a bit behind Apple (eg functionality of ebay and paypal apps that I use a lot) but I'm with the anti-Apple crew.

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MikeRJ

posted on 18/5/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
Ive just realised, i hate them! Only had it 5 hours, and i despise it. I was told you fell in love and soon couldnt remember how you lived without one.

Whats gone wrong? Just lots of little things that bug me. It keeps loading orangeworld.com, even when ive set my homepage elsewhere. I dont want F*all to do it orangeworld! And the email stuff is shite.

Sorry for the rant. Anyone else had bother?

What phone have you got? If possible, you really need to remove the crappy Orange branding to use it to it's full potential. I have an Orange San Francisco (AKA ZTE Blade) and it's a great little phone now it's been rooted and later version of Android loaded. I only enable 3G if I want to use it, I've no real need for push email so I get about 4 days use between charges.

My one single complaint is that coming from an iPhone (2G), I find the virtual keyboard a bit too small for my fat fingers. I could type on my iPhone almost as fast as I could on a proper keyboard.

v8kid

posted on 18/5/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:

Cheers!

Yeah nothing will work and if you have any sense you'll bin it, no phone no problems!

From the person yet to find an iphone owner who can say it does everything they want it to and it works perfectly

Yuh all just found him Nine!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

Jasper

posted on 18/5/11 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
As others have said, not all smart phones are the same by a LONG way. Try all the rest then try an iPhone.

I'm certainly with others on the hating iTunes, but I rarely have to mess around with that to be honest. I only plug it in occasionally to check for updates and back up.

The thing with the iPhone is that it just works out the box and is incredibly simple to set up and use, unlike a lot of other smart phones.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Jasper

posted on 18/5/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:

Cheers!

Yeah, another one here, never gone wrong, never not done what I want it to do and continues to surprise me with new and useful features.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

handyandy

posted on 18/5/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn,t be without my Smartphone now, went from a basic old style cheapo phone to a Blackberry, hated it within an hour of getting it, quickly ( same day ) changed to a Samsumg Galaxy S, wow what a phone that is.

Once I got over the intial "play peroid" I,ve found the battery lasts about 2 days, Swype function is amazing & the speed of connection to the internet is great...wouldn,t be without it now.

As others have said, get your phone to run as you want it & I,m sure you,ll start enjoying it.

cheers
andy

blakep82

posted on 18/5/11 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
android is the way forward. works the same as iphone, as far as i can tell, almost exactly the same, but without having to do everything through itunes, which is great
itunes pisses me off. so does apple really. its all hype, over another product which isn't really any better than the others.

my dad had his ipod stolen (he's got 3?! wtf?) and his nokia mobile phone gets a terrible signal in the house. my mum told him his ONLY option is to get another ipod AND an iphone! wtf?
people just blindly get iphones without seeing there's better out there. and there is! Android

very soon there will be more apps for android then there is for iphone, they're quicker to come out for android because they don't have to go through apple to be approved, they can just be released. no itunes nonsense. and the actual running of it, going through music files in the media player, selecting photos, pinch to zoom, menu layouts, the keyboard for typing etc, all exatly the same

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.