Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yet another job post!
Craigman9

posted on 18/5/11 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
Yet another job post!

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I must apologise about another work related post as there have been a few recently. I am 21 years old and last year qualified as a marine engineer. I am now working for a large shipping company on an anchor handling ship in the med. However, I have decided working away for long periods of time is not suited to me due to reasons at home.

As im still young I want to change while I can before I leave it to late. I am looking for shore based jobs either in the North East or Glasgow. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could look out for etc?

Cheers
Craig

jacko

posted on 18/5/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Craigman9
Hi Guys,

Firstly, I must apologise about another work related post as there have been a few recently. I am 21 years old

As im still young I want to change while I can before I leave it to late. I am looking for shore based jobs either in the North East or Glasgow. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could look out for etc?

Cheers
Craig

Worried at 21 its not good for us 55 's then

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 18/5/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
First thing would be ask your boss, they might have something closer to home

Craigman9

posted on 18/5/11 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately not an option as the company is Danish, all offices etc are in Copenhagen
chrisxr2

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Google is your friend

Google all the job agencies near were you want to work and get ringing and emailing.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Neville Jones

posted on 18/5/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Any ferry companies local? I know the Solent ferries are always after engineers.

If I was 21 again, and had the money, I'd train as a plumber/gasfitter. With your marine engineer ticket, you're half way there or more. £80 call out and £20 per 1/4 hr!!!!!

Cheers,
Nev.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.