Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R/Angle Drill Attachment
Dick Axtell

posted on 26/5/11 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
R/Angle Drill Attachment

Hi All,

Has anyone used one of these attachments? Are they any good?

PRO RIGHT ANGLE 90 DEGREE DRILL ATTACHMENT AND HANDLE on eBay (end time 07-Jun-11 10:34:32 BST)

If it works, it'll save me much time.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Humbug

posted on 26/5/11 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Not used that specific one but I have got a different one which is very useful in certain places. The only thing I would say about that one is that the part from the chuck to the back of the handle looks quite long, so it would limit how narrow a space you could fit it into.

Mine is more like this (but not actually this make) and I seem to remember it cost around £15.

carlknight1982

posted on 26/5/11 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
I brought a ryobi One + battery one, ok i already had the regular drill so only brought the naked unit i think it was about £30 and well worth it. really useful bit of kit

Logic will get you from a A to B
Imagination will take you everywhere.

twybrow

posted on 26/5/11 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
I have the exact one (in blue) that you are asking about. I have been using it extensively for the last couple of weeks, to drill 10+mm holes in joists for running wiring through.

It sounds awful as you run it - very notchy/noisy - which I can only assume is to do with the cut of the gears... But it works just fine. For £5 - dont expect miracles, but for me, it has been £5 well spent - if it survives a few tasks, and makes them easier, then it has been worthwhile IMHO... for occasional use, it suits my needs perfectly.

cerbera

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got one and it does what it says on the tin, although the first time I used it it sounded like I had the drill on hammer. Not sure of the longevity but it's been fine for the short time I've used it.

HTH

trextr7monkey

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
We have the Axminster version which is well made and quite heavy which is a good sign in my book, works fine but only used once or twice.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

welderman

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cerbera
Ive got one and it does what it says on the tin, although the first time I used it it sounded like I had the drill on hammer. Not sure of the longevity but it's been fine for the short time I've used it.

HTH

yep hammer drill lol

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

MikeR

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
I have the exact one, used it a few times. Its ok. It never occured to me before using it but you now have no free hands when drilling! One hand holds the drill, one hand holds the attachment. Its max drill size is about 10mm.
RazMan

posted on 26/5/11 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I used one for drilling the awkward holes for my floor panelling. If you use brand new bits when drilling it makes things a bit easier as you don't have to exert much pressure (which it doesn't like)
Definitely worth having in your toolbox IMO

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Bluemoon

posted on 26/5/11 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have one like humbugs also used on like you ebay link.. humbugs one is better, much smoother in operation, used a lot for chassis drilling.
Dick Axtell

posted on 26/5/11 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone. Interesting feedback, especially twybrow's comments. Pretty much as expected.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

James

posted on 26/5/11 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Not used that specific one but I have got a different one which is very useful in certain places. The only thing I would say about that one is that the part from the chuck to the back of the handle looks quite long, so it would limit how narrow a space you could fit it into.

Mine is more like this (but not actually this make) and I seem to remember it cost around £15.

I have the Screwfix version of this. (they do two- a cheap weak one and the heavy duty one in black like the picture).

Has been pretty good.

I'd prefer one of the full-electric versions though!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

HappyFather

posted on 26/5/11 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have one of those (but bought on a tools shop) and have used it a few times. I link it to a Bosh driller.

You can't spin the driller too fast, the angle thing gets hot.
Highly recommend using high quality drill bits to make the process faster. As you can't spin it too fast and you can't apply much pressure, it's a bit of a pain.
It applies lot of vibration on your hand/wrist. Becomes tyresome.

Nonetheless, excelent buy. Cost me 8,90EUR, around 7,7GBP and it gives me the hability to drill in tight spots, like the tunnel. Helped me lots when drilling for the break lines p-clips and I'm sure will be helpful again when I get to the panneling.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.