Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: POS?
Yazza54

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
POS?

As I understand, pos means point of sale. Could this mean a Internet payment or is it only when you purchase something at a till?

I just checked my bank account and there is a withdrawal that says POS 14JUN... But the money has only left today (16th)

It's for 99p, which although it's fk all, I cannot remember doing it and don't see why I would ever pay for something at a till or online for 99p.

iTunes songs are sometimes 99p but they clearly show up that they are from iTunes on the statement so it isn't that. Confused.

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

keith777

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ring your bank in the morning,could be someone trying to clone your card,they usually withdraw a small ammount first to see if it gets noticed.
Cheers Keith.

russbost

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Not a Paypal check to confirm your credit card, I think they are 99p?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
JoelP

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it meant pile of sh...!

However, scammers do sometimes do a small transaction to test a card before hitting it properly. So with that in mind, id call the bank and make sure its legit. Better safe than sorry!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Yazza54

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Not a Paypal check to confirm your credit card, I think they are 99p?

Paypal card hasn't changed though

I'm unhappy cos I eat and I eat cos I'm unhappy

flibble

posted on 16/6/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
As keith777 said above, be wary, I had £1.00 taken out of my account yonks ago and, like you, wrote it off as something odd I must've done, 2 days later they took £1000
It was the day after I'd lost my job too so wsa an exrta kick in the nuts! (bank gave it back with little fuss though ).

DaveFJ

posted on 17/6/11 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
agree with all the above.. check ASAP... it has happened to me twice now.... start off with very small transactions to check cloned details or card work then they go for it...

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.