Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lathe For Sale
ashg

posted on 20/6/11 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Lathe For Sale

I have decided to sell my lathe. its two years old and has had very little use for the past year and a half since i finished building the car.

everything works as it should. but it has had a couple of essential upgrade parts fitted. the Headstock gears have been upgraded from plastic (like all these smaller lathes have) to metal ordered in from the states which cost a fair bit. the bearings in the cross slides have been upgraded for a smoother action with less back lash. its had a quick change tool post added and a quick release tail stock.

so basically its got all the bells and whistles that the ones on eBay don't have. it cost me £475 new with no tooling and none of the upgrades.

I will take £300 for it which will include a static centre, live centre, drill chuck for the tail stock, keys for both chucks, standard and quick change tool posts, and a couple of tool bits to get you started (the extra bits listed above would cost you at least another £150 so i think my price is very fair) i will also chuck in the proper table for it which cost the best part of £50

I have seen lesser models sell on ebay in the last couple of weeks for closer to £350 with no extras. I would rather it go to a good home where it is used than it sit around, so it has to go if not on here then its fate will reluctantly be eBay.

Dimensions 350mm between centres and 180mm swing with digital rpm readout.

As for postage i would ideally like it collected as it weighs the best part of 40-45kg without the table and extras

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/6/11 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ash, in the kitchen!???? She'll kill you

Good luck with sale.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

RazMan

posted on 20/6/11 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
I am sooooooooo tempted

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macc man

posted on 20/6/11 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
I would be interested but it may be a bit too far away from me in cheshire. You must have a very understang wife to let you use the kitchen to work in.

ashg

posted on 20/6/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
well it lived and was used in the spare bedroom at our old house. managed to get away with putting an old bit of lino down on the carpet to catch the swarf and shut the door with the windows open. she is very understanding or she can move out. when she met me i used to do fibre glassing in the kitchen so in her eyes i have got much better and nobody is going to let her think any different.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

omega0684

posted on 20/6/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
could be interested, need to check pennies!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.