Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear
shindha

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Top Gear

The episode on Sunday with Vettel was good and Vettel was funny. It was car related - or more so than it has been for a long time, but Jeremy said that normal service will resume next week. It will be intresting to see how they get on with the cars they bought - running costs, breakdowns etc.
tomgregory2000

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
i thought vettel came across very well indeed, i like him a bit more after watching it
LBMEFM

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think that Vettel is not only a brilliant F1 driver but a brilliant ambassador for motorsport. Long may he reign.

[Edited on 11/7/11 by LBMEFM]

Craigman9

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
I think that Vettel is not only a brilliant F1 driver but a brilliant ambassador for motorsport. Long may he reign.

[Edited on 11/7/11 by LBMEFM]

Totally agree, just a bit of a shame he is German and not British

JoelP

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest, i dont mind german. A strong and clever nation. Far better than Italian or spanish.

And Vettel does seem to be a nice guy, so i dont mind him winning.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

eddie99

posted on 11/7/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
+1, after watching him on top gear, i don't mind him winning so much anymore
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Kwik

posted on 11/7/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
im starting to prefer Germans to Brits, theyre all so nice, they respect each other a lot more, theyre clean and sensible... i could go on...

but nothing beats British humour

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
geoff82

posted on 11/7/11 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
met vettel last year at silverstone very genuine nice guy,more than can be said for some of the other drivers.
Steve Hignett

posted on 11/7/11 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I bloody hate the Germans...

You go over there expecting them to be direct descendants of the Hitler youth and they end up (Yes, all of them!) being the nicest people going! A true appreciation of engineering, lovers of fine food. An educated nation etc etc - I could go on, but I sporting a semi...

Oh, and they have the 'Ring..............................

Edited for speeling

[Edited on 11/7/11 by Steve Hignett]

Ninehigh

posted on 11/7/11 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
I heard a rumour yesterday that there's jobs in Germany too..

I should find my passport

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 11/7/11 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with the above, he came across very well indeed. Of course it helped he was an Anglophile
Dare I say it, but I think this country could learn a lot from (modern) Germany!

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

Liam

posted on 12/7/11 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah top bloke and really seems to be enjoying himself - always has a smile on his face. His accents though!! Oh my god! I'm glad Jezza was too polite to tell him how much they sucked I think he probably knew himself given how much he was laughing.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
shindha

posted on 12/7/11 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
I am Brummie I thought his Nigel Mansell was OK, better than some brummies I know
40inches

posted on 12/7/11 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
I had to use a call centre yesterday,twice however it was in Germany, both times the phone was answered in under 4 rings, staff were polite,knew the subject,spoke better English than my 16 year old son,solved both problems and didn't say "you're welcome" or "have a nice day" at any point. Result

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 12/7/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Have to agree, Vettel came accross as really nice and genuine, he's always funny on the F1 coverage as well. If you haven't seen it look up the David Coulthard/Michael Schumacher interview in the golf cart at Montreal were Vettel gets involved..... classic comedy.

Also Michael Schumacher was in work last Thursday and he was really genuine and funny, annoyingly likeable.

40% of the people I work with are German and they are a good group of guys, the fact is you get twats from all countries and walks of life but in general the Germans are top people.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jasper

posted on 12/7/11 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah - I wasn't a Vettel lover till I saw him on Sunday night, and again thought he was a top bloke and I will be supporting him in future!

As for Germany and the Germans, I go there on business 2-4 times a year and really like the place. People are great, food and beer really fantastic, and the country (well at least some of it) is lovely. Towns are clean and look well kept too. I rather on on buiness there than France or Spain that's for sure.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

mrwibble

posted on 12/7/11 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kwik
im starting to prefer Germans to Brits, theyre all so nice, they respect each other a lot more, theyre clean and sensible... i could go on...

can i introduce you to Mr M Schumacher...?

Damon Hill incident, Barrichelo in the wall?

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 12/7/11 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mrwibble
quote:
Originally posted by Kwik

can i introduce you to Mr M Schumacher...?

Damon Hill incident, Barrichelo in the wall?

I was introduced to Mr M Schumacher last week, bloody nice fellow.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

Kwik

posted on 12/7/11 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
mr schumacher is an exception, dont like him at all and dont think he should be in formula one any more...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.