Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rhys Millen's Pikes Peak Car Buildout
Doug68

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Rhys Millen's Pikes Peak Car Buildout

I missed the build thread on this one! I think he stole my design personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw4eiveDA28

Notice the little holes in all the tubes, trying to work out why they are there? I, dont think it could have been for sheet metal, maybe for venting whilst welding, but there seem too many of them for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqryijuu45I&feature=relmfu





Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 12/7/11 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
super lightweight, carbon, titanium, magnesium..... and a ford sierra diff





-

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 12/7/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
super lightweight, carbon, titanium, magnesium..... and a ford sierra diff



Remember that American cars still use live axles so they might have had a limited choice of IRS diffs






View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
onenastyviper

posted on 12/7/11 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
... and cart springs

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
super lightweight, carbon, titanium, magnesium..... and a ford sierra diff



Remember that American cars still use live axles so they might have had a limited choice of IRS diffs

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 12/7/11 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
What's American cars to do with anything?...isn't he from New Zealand?

Anyway, my observation.....it's usual to see these high end, money no object builds done to flawless levels of workmanship......I didn't see it here at all...it look very "back street" as it were.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice project and all that just rougher than I expected...

Just my opinion...

Alan

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
40inches

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
What's American cars to do with anything?...isn't he from New Zealand?

Anyway, my observation.....it's usual to see these high end, money no object builds done to flawless levels of workmanship......I didn't see it here at all...it look very "back street" as it were.....

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice project and all that just rougher than I expected...

Just my opinion...

Alan


That's what I was thinking. Mclaren they are not, but a nice car all the same.






View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
There's probably no money in the build etc. ie, there's probably no money until the car is proven fast...

As for the holes - they are there for the interior and exterior pannelling.

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply


go to top






Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [ 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.