Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vodou - shop now open.
Voodoo

posted on 12/7/11 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Vodou - shop now open.

Hi all

After what seems like an age we have got the first stage of the shop up and running. Currently we are only selling the standard plates for the [Haynes Roadster] Ford build but very soon to include the new products developed by John, the Marks and myself.

The chassis plans will be going up on the site for download over the next few days, I am just sorting the copyrights etc. These will have an open licence for home and non commercial use - Talon Motorsports have the exclusive licence to produce the kits and full chassis for those wanting to take that particular shortcut.

http://www.vodouautokits.co.uk

Matt, Mark & John.

Voodoo

posted on 12/8/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
MX5 donor Plans now available for download

Hi everybody,

Having had verification that everything fits I am very happy, proud and quite relieved to announce that the VR5 plans are now available for download on the Vodou website http://www.vodouautokits.co.uk.

The variations from the Haynes chassis design are listed on this document

There are likely to be variations and ammendments but theses will be listed as they happen below the download list here.

Thanks for bearing with us, it isn't easy you know? I hope that you find these plans beneficial.

Phil at Talon will be producing the chassis complete and I believe as flat pack kits so keep an eye out for an impending announcement by him

Enjoy

Matt

designer

posted on 12/8/11 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
All links not working!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Miks15

posted on 12/8/11 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Working Website Link
Voodoo

posted on 13/8/11 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
All links not working!!

Wow - epic fail, thanks for letting me know and cheers Miks15 for posting them.

Matt

Dave Ashurst

posted on 13/8/11 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, I don't understand the website.
Voodoo

posted on 13/8/11 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
What are you trying to find?
RAYLEE29

posted on 13/8/11 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, not sure I understand, you say talon have exclusive licence to build chassis etc.
surely thats not the case at all many companies have and some still do offer chassis kits and surely there cant be a licence for something that you can get the book and build yourself at home
Ray

build diary1
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/RoadsterPics#
build diary2
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/KITCARPICS?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2AouyYgpuQmAE#

Voodoo

posted on 13/8/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Good question

The plans we have on our site are different from the book in that they are designed specifically for the MX5. The design is by us with our calculations etc and we have invested the time, money etc in providing them for home builders. We are distributing them for free in the spirit of the thing but why should we have put in all this work for somebody else to make money from?

If the publishers of the book are happy to allow companies to make chassis to sell, good on them, I'm sure book sales have produced a lovely bit of revenue over the years.

I am struggling personally with the fact that we have come up with a good design which we are giving away and all I have had is stress and negative comments.

Thanks

Matt

scootz

posted on 13/8/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RAYLEE29
Hi, not sure I understand, you say talon have exclusive licence to build chassis etc...

It's fairly straightforward... you can use the plans FOC to build one of these designs for yourself - you just can't use the plans to make a car (or cars) for commercial gain. Talon motorsport solely reserve that right!

It's Evolution Baby!

Voodoo

posted on 13/8/11 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Scootz, you have it in a nutshell.

Matt

emgr3

posted on 13/8/11 at 11:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Voodoo

I am struggling personally with the fact that we have come up with a good design which we are giving away and all I have had is stress and negative comments.

Thanks

Matt

I don't get it either, I'm Canadian and I'm stoked to have full plans for a donor I can actually get. I started a thread about your design on LocostUSA if you want to stop by.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=12573

RAYLEE29

posted on 14/8/11 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
I didnt mean to sound or indead be negative.
I misundrestood or misread your post regarding the licence.
that was why i asked the question as it sounded like you were saying that talon had the exclusive licence to build the haynes chassis .
I didnt want people to think they couldnt go elsewhere to get a chassis kit or build theyre own.

build diary1
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/RoadsterPics#
build diary2
http://picasaweb.google.com/raylee290/KITCARPICS?authkey=Gv1sRgCI2AouyYgpuQmAE#

Voodoo

posted on 14/8/11 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
It wasn't you, please don't think any more on it. I have posts up on a number of forums.

Emgr3 - thanks, glad you are stoked

Matt

Triton

posted on 14/8/11 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Must be something strange in the water down on the Lizard, Vodou put lots of time and effort into the cad thingy drawings to make sure it does what it's intended to do only to give them away free.....
Still think 7's are boring though and way too many of them available to the point they all seem a much of a muchness to me, it's time for summat different, summat a little bonkers, summat in yer face, summat a lot won't like but those that like it will love it, bit like marmite.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dave Ashurst

posted on 14/8/11 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Voodoo
What are you trying to find?

Yes, sorry I don't need any MX5 Haynes roadster parts.

When I opened the web page I initially didn't understand what the shop was selling. My fault. I saw lots of text that I struggled with, I have the attention span of a gnat and I gave up. I was simply tempted by the title of your post. I clicked the link out of curiosity without noticing it was posted in the Haynes roadster forum.

Anyway I understand enough now - good luck wth your venture and I hope you get plenty of more-knowledgeable customers than me.

best
D

Voodoo

posted on 14/8/11 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
No worries, my wife looked at my site and her comments were a little less tactful, I need to do a re-write in English. Somebody on here described it as written by a ten year old on speed, they got it right methinks Thanks for the clarity though.

We are doing Ford bits I just don't have it all up there yet - basically the whole of 3GE's range plus some new bits.

Thanks

Matt

Talon Motorsport

posted on 1/10/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote

Triton

posted on 2/10/11 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Theres tidy isn't it

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Padstar

posted on 6/10/12 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Can someone please help me with a Voodoo query.

I am using the voodoo plans to build the chasis for my MX5 based Haynes roadster.

I have a query on part LR13 & LR14. On the chasis drawing LR13 appears to be longer than LR14 but on the details the opposite is the case.

I have cut to the dimensioned details but before i weld can you confirm if this is the case (ie the engine mounts sit closer to LR10 than LR13).

Would hate to do a load of work and then be forced to alter it later.

johnl63

posted on 5/4/13 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
was this question about LR13 resolved as Im in the same position right now
cheers
john

Padstar

posted on 5/4/13 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I ended up placing my engine along side the chassis and taking a stab at it. I will check at the weekend and let u know but I think I went for the shorter rail positioned nearer the driver if that makes sense.

That said I won't have trial fitted my engine untill the end of the month. So can put some pics up then.

Only other thing to think about which I have now found is where do the rear suspensions brackets fix to the chassis at the top. Don't think the drawings got this fat an the upright plate on the vodou drawings is smaller than the book. Essentialy u cut off the area that the book tells u to fix the bracket to but I am still trying to work this out

AdrianH

posted on 5/4/13 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Has Vodou gone now.

What with Saturn, Nathan, 3GE, and I believe Phil is full time employed now just wondering what companies are supporting the Haynes?

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

Padstar

posted on 5/4/13 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
They have but I understand talon have the rights to fabricate the chassis so they are the people to talk to. Have any of you got to the wishbones being installed yet on the vodou design?
jiwillia

posted on 5/4/13 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AdrianH
Has Vodou gone now.

What with Saturn, Nathan, 3GE, and I believe Phil is full time employed now just wondering what companies are supporting the Haynes?

Adrian

http://www.gillhamonline.co.uk/ are doing Haynes Roadster parts. Believe they have the original Saturn GRP moulds.

John W

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.