Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I'm definitely gonna buy this
02GF74

posted on 12/7/11 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'm definitely gonna buy this

Furutech DeMag (Demagnetizer for Vinyl LPs and CD's) | eBay UK

Furutech DeMag (Demagnetizer for Vinyl LPs and CD's)

It will prevent steel paper clips sticking to my CDs WTF??

[Edited on 12/7/11 by 02GF74]

AndyW

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
linky no worky..........
02GF74

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
linky worky.

now no work, WTF is going on????

weird ...

[Edited on 12/7/11 by 02GF74]

big-vee-twin

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Linky no worky as above

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

JoelP

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Furutech DeMag (Demagnetizer for Vinyl LPs and CD's) | eBay UK

ha ha, nearly £2k

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

02GF74

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
worky now. weird; worked the once then it stopped and linky differerent to what I copied in, not sure what is going on.

Liam

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Possible group buy?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Follows the classic snake oil pattern. PT Barnum was right.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Litemoth

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
I've got one and it's changed my life completely.

I had the free accessory pack which cures baldness, impotence and testicular cancer too - by simply dangling your head, knob or plumbs over the unit and saying the magic words ........which is nice.

[Edited on 12/7/11 by Litemoth]

russbost

posted on 12/7/11 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
There's one born every minute - I think I'll start selling them too!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Toltec

posted on 12/7/11 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Have you seen the the £130 mains socket they are selling?

"Furutech says that its 'patent pending clamping system can accommodate cables up to 5.5 mm2 and provides 17.142% more contact area than conventional designs', while 'Alpha Phosphor Bronze Pin Supports ensure excellent contact and handling characteristics.'"

Complete amateurs, any competent audiophile knows you need three phase supplies and you have to live within two miles of the power station (preferably nuclear) to ensure unacceptable fluctuations are kept to a minimum.

They also seem to completely forget that there are trace magnetic minerals saturating your entire body and that it is essential to use a full body demagnetiser before listening and preferably between tracks.

P.S I have actually started building my car, I thought I would just mention it in an out of the way thread.

[Edited on 12/7/11 by Toltec]

Confused but excited.

posted on 12/7/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have never read so much complete nutsack as you find in the adverts in high-end Hi-Fi magazines.
Definately been in the wrong end of the business.
When I was selling four gold plated phono plugs for £2.40, Wilmslow Audio were selling them for £24.
Guess that made me the mug.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

02GF74

posted on 13/7/11 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
The Sound
Demagnetizing both sides of optical media before play results in a greater sense of power, dynamics, and resolution, with cleaner, blacker backgrounds and a larger, more stable soundstage, vivid tonal colors and deeper extension at both ends of the frequency range. Demagnetization also allows the delicacy, refinement and nuance of a performance to shine through, along with micro- and macro-dynamics you need to realize the full potential of music and movies.

.... yeah but CD are read optically - there is no explantaion as to how the magnetism affects the optics? They also ignore the magentic fields from the CD motor and the head mechainsm which are probalby much than that generated by the spinning CD. The dara is digital with substantial error correction - I wold be very surprised if the magnetism affect the signal in any way.

Surely the true audophile solution is to scrape off the label removing the offending magnetic inks and have the player in line with the earth's magnetic field to reduce self-magnetism from generated eddy currents.

I wonder how many they have sold?

I am sure you can make a demagnetiser for less than a tenner - all you needs is a col of wire and then AC current passed through it that reduces to nowt.

Oh yeah, and demagentising copper cables, hmmmmm

Ninehigh

posted on 13/7/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
.... yeah but CD are read optically - there is no explantaion as to how the magnetism affects the optics?

They affect the optics about as much as my smelly farts affecting the rhythm of a high-class hooker in Calafornia. Cds and LPs are about as magnetic as Magneto's prison in X-men 2.

I can understand claims that gold-plated cables don't degrade over time because gold's an inert metal but claiming that this unit demagnetises plastic should be something for Trading Standards to have a look into

paulf

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Does it work for cassette tapes as well?
Paul

Ninehigh

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
Does it work for cassette tapes as well?
Paul

Yeah it'll get rid of all the noise of those Vanilla Ice tapes you have

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.