Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: RAF Cottesmore Sat 13th August
mcg

posted on 8/8/11 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
RAF Cottesmore Sat 13th August

Wondered if anyone is going to this? I am booked on, and it will be my first track day in the F27. Will be more of a shake down than anything, but at £100 for the day, I thought was fairly reasonable, considering I will probably be spending most of the day staring bemused at my not working car! (Positive mental attitude and all that!)

Would be great to say hello to any Locosters if you are there.

Also any tips specific to this track would be appreciated!

Taking half the week off to get things finished - It will be great to get the thing moving after all this time!

Cheers

Matt

big_wasa

posted on 8/8/11 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Benn wanting to have a go for a while and this one is just up the road from me. Who have you booked with ?

cheers

ReMan

posted on 8/8/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Damn, not a problem as aI am at Brunters that day all being well, but I know Cottesmore well, but did not know they did such things there. Where did you book or get to find out about it?
mcg

posted on 8/8/11 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Found it through www.uktrackdays.co.uk

I think the organising company is www.javelintrackdays.co.uk

Seems the price is £119 now, but probably still not too bad. Additional drivers £20 if I remember correctly.

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 8/8/11 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I/we will be there but not in a Locost, have a look round for the standard Mirage Blue Peugeot 306 GTI-6 being thrashed around and come over and say hello.

Can't give you any tips on driving as its my first time there as well. All I can say make sure that you have some spare tyres as the high-grip surfaces at airfeilds tend to shred car tyres on track days.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
locoR1

posted on 8/8/11 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at Cottesmore on the 26th it was a Westfield members only day but now open to all seven's

Should be fun with only seven's on track. Can't do links on my phone so see wscc events section for information.

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

franky

posted on 8/8/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Do they let you do half days?
franky

posted on 8/8/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Well I rang up.... could I do a half day

"Yep sure, what time could you arrive"

About 12ish

"Thats fine"

How much would that be

"£99"

Seems a bit steep for a half day, i'll have to give it a miss, thanks any....

To which he puts the phone down!!

I'll think i'll save my cash/time for a proper circuit!

lexus

posted on 8/8/11 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
RAF Cottesmore

Cottesmore is now a brilliant track. I've done it twice in a Westfield and once in an R8. The first time, this spring, when Javelin were trying to work out a track, one section was just far too fast, and the other section was too tight! But now they have it just right. About 3 miles for a lap.A good tight section, couple of decent straights to let things cool down and a couple of 'sweepers' where you just keep squeezing the throttle until the tail starts to let go ( or in my case, the first time, the tail just went!).
And Javelin are a well organised and good communicating bunch- just nice, friendly car enthusiasts.
I'm jealous I cant do it again this year!!

mcg

posted on 9/8/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Awsome!!! Thats a great description!!! Best get the car finished!

thanks for all the info - cant wait to see what its like.

If anyone is there, mine is a yellow and black F27 with a massive air box sticking out the side. If in doubt who we are, we will be the ones with the indicator constantly on to allow people past when on the track, or the ones standing looking bemused at our car in the paddock!

Cant wait!!! Rest of the week off to get it sorted! happy days!

quote:
Originally posted by lexus
Cottesmore is now a brilliant track. I've done it twice in a Westfield and once in an R8. The first time, this spring, when Javelin were trying to work out a track, one section was just far too fast, and the other section was too tight! But now they have it just right. About 3 miles for a lap.A good tight section, couple of decent straights to let things cool down and a couple of 'sweepers' where you just keep squeezing the throttle until the tail starts to let go ( or in my case, the first time, the tail just went!).
And Javelin are a well organised and good communicating bunch- just nice, friendly car enthusiasts.
I'm jealous I cant do it again this year!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.