Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Accusump
kev super 6

posted on 14/8/11 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
Accusump

Hi all, ive just purchased a Fury Fireblade which has an Accusump. It has a on/off switch for the pump.
I'm after some info on how the Accusump works and do you have it switched on every time you use car.

Cheers Kev

will121

posted on 14/8/11 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
The on off switch will control a solinoid valve, the idea is its used to enable a pre start oil pressure boost, buy turning it on just before starting, but to hold the pressure in the cylinder after a run, the valve will need to be turned off before stopping the engine
kev super 6

posted on 14/8/11 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Went for a drive this morning, stopped for some brekkie and when i went back to car there was a puddle of oil, plus it was all over the underside of the bonnet. I didnt have the accusump switched on, would this mean there was to much pressure in it and its shot out the pressure release valve ?
will121

posted on 14/8/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Must be a leaky joint some were possibly on the accusump hose connections, the unit its self stores a quantity of oil under pressure as produced by the engine oil pump, for use when the oil pump pickup looses flow rather than actually generating anything.
In normal use if pump pickup always submerged the unit will do little apart from maybe smoothing out oil pressure.

kev super 6

posted on 14/8/11 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
ok thanks for info
Mike S

posted on 16/8/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
If it is not a leaking joint it could well be the Accusump pressure relief valve.

These sometimes open if the oil pressure in the Accusump gets a bit high. They sometimes don't seat properly when they re-close and let by a bit.

Also if the valve opens due to high pressure you will get a bit of oil released.

Have a look on the Accusump web site for info on this.

Mike

There are more horses' asses in this world than there are horses

coyoteboy

posted on 16/8/11 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
In order to run a fairly large accusump you'll be needing extra oil in the first place (maybe half a litre or more) so it's possible if you didn't turn it on (and if other conditions prevail) they you're running with too much oil in the sump and blowing it out of your crankcase vents etc.
mark chandler

posted on 16/8/11 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
If you have left it for a while then the accusump may empty itself into the engine, in my case that would be an overfill of 3 litres

If you then run without opening it expect oil to escape from somewhere.

To fill you run the engine at enough revs to achieve full oil pressure then open the valve to fill the accusump, close the valve once this has built pressure then turn off engine and top up to the correct engine oil fill. As I have a large accusump I repeated a couple of times.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.