Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: a moments weakness on ebay ........
mogman1969

posted on 25/8/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
a moments weakness on ebay ........

afternoon all , just bought a vauxhall astra mk 2 convertabubble , (ok stop laughing ) very very cheap ..........(no really stop laughing !) it only has one teeny weeny lil problem ......... the electric hood doesnt work , just wondered if any one has experiance of raising the hood manualy ............
moggy

omega0684

posted on 25/8/11 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
this post is useless without pics!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 25/8/11 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
My Peugot has a winding handle in the boot, have a look in the handbook

[Edited on 25/8/11 by big-vee-twin]

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

MK9R

posted on 25/8/11 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
is it a GTE?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 25/8/11 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
Mk2 is that early 80's?

Heck if that's the only problem sounds like you got a good one!

RichardK

posted on 25/8/11 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
How comes my first instinct was Scootz was the author of this post!! Has it got to travel far! I'm sure there will be a way to manually raise it and the experts will be along shortly.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

bi22le

posted on 25/8/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I dont know mk2 astra specific but i know about convertables.
some did have winding handle but not many. nearly all of the ones i delt with had a pretty obviois manual override on the gears off of the motors. normally you activate the handle and the drive spine disengages. you can then pull it up and lock in place. rengage motor to stop it moving again. It must have an easyoverride. they did not trust them in the 80s!

worse case its remove the motor but thats always a pig.
normally if an electric hood dont work its not the motors fault but the supply. try false feeding 12v to the motor it should work.

word of warning. make sure all windows are down and plastic covers move out of the way. Lisyen to the motor whine when you do it. it should not strain.

Often its switches or fuses that go. if all this seems good then lecky roofs can get 'out of sink. google will help you find a specific protocol to get it working.

u2u me if you need more help.

biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.