Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration docs
SteveO

posted on 3/8/04 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
Registration docs

I've just had my 5min' inspection with the dvla man in Biscester and the Oxford area office said i'd get all my documents back after the inspetion( these include my insurance,donor reg docs MK reciepts SORN and others which they took); the inspector said he didn't have my document to return to me. At the moment i'm a bit mad about why they are pushing me from pillar to post, 'cause i was hoping to be blasting around this weekend.
Is this the normal proceedure to take all docs for weeks or are they just making my life difficult? and has anyone had the same experience?

Steve

SeaBass

posted on 3/8/04 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds a bit dodgy to me....

Baldrick

posted on 3/8/04 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
I sent insurance, MAC (SVA cert) to Aberdeen DVLA who already had my partially completed reg doc. I got notification of Reg Number & Tax disc by return of post (recorded delivery). I had a police inspection separately some time earlier.
spunky

posted on 3/8/04 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Drove mine to Lincoln VRO for inspection armed with MAC and reciepts. They issued me with Reg No. straight away. Log book followed 7 days later.

Steve, there is no consistancy within the DVLA. Each office is autonomous and subsequently writes its own rule book. You are just unlucky to live in that area.

John

The reckless man may not live as long......
But the cautious man does not live at all.....

SteveO

posted on 3/8/04 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,

Made a few calls to dvla to ask them whats what and they said they'll call the local office to straighten the process and info given to me. Local office called back to say my docs will be in the post today or tomorrow; but chances of having the reg made up by this weekend is slim.
...its like each office write there own rules.
anyway fingers crossed.

Steve

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.