Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need some help!
Poorscousertommy

posted on 27/9/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Need some help!

Question for those more knowledgeable.. Currently looking at a car (MK), being sold as a 2.0 pinto, yet v5 states 1.8.. I know the DVLA aren't the smartest, but is this possible? Also claimed to be a single donor vehicle - does the chassis number show up as a sierra, or will it now show up as a MK? Finally, any websites I can check??

Head wrecked - car looks great an I'm ripping the engine out anyway if I buy it, but my cynical nature is getting the better of me!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers folks!

Poorscousertommy

posted on 27/9/11 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Oh - and I have the engine number too if that helps??
spiderman01980

posted on 27/9/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
whats the full the registration type it in here linky.
Poorscousertommy

posted on 27/9/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers, but will that only not be the same data as the V5 (which I have photos of)? At least it recognises it as an Indy!!
spiderman01980

posted on 27/9/11 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
as long as the log book says its an indy then should be ok, the engine thing with dvla is that they need proof that the engine has been changed ie recipt from a mechanic, my argument was with them that am changing the engine myself so how can i get proof, can only send them pics but they want written proof, like you said they aint the smartest so thats maybe why it still says 1.8 on th v5, and for being a single doner i think its means that all parts can be found on a sierra, unlike mine the front is cortina and back is ford scorpio or sierra.
rf900rush

posted on 27/9/11 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
My log book states make as Dax (dax rush) body type as sports.
chassis number, as supplied by Dax.
As I understand the chassis number can be made up, as long as it is not all ready in use, and I guess not a donar number.

If the log book states Cortina/Sierra or simular then it may well be dodgy.

As for engine numbers I have changed my engine a few times now.
One to a simular engine, and once to a bigger one.

DVLA were helpful, and only needed proof of numbers etc. (proof that is not nicked).

I sent photo of the engine showing it's number.
Quite easy job.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Poorscousertommy

posted on 27/9/11 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Great stuff, the car looks like it's kosher, as the Vin decoder gave me unknown model.. Now I just need to figure out whether 1.8 or 2.0 pinto - any easy way to identify while it's in the car (it's 200 miles away so somethin that can be photographed??)

Thanks again!

bmseven

posted on 28/9/11 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
This one
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=161127

Peteff

posted on 28/9/11 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
The engine size is cast into the block under the inlet manifold 20 for 2 litre etc. How are you ripping the engine out, with great force or are you just going to change the engine for something different ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Poorscousertommy

posted on 28/9/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
The very one... Managed to whittle him down to 4.5k based on him not having a clue!! As I see it, 2.5k for a 3 yr old chassis, 500quid for the donor bits, another 5 for the trick bits an a grands worth of IVA grief..

Then it's into the lab for a heart transplant.. 2.0 duratec to be exact. Someone tell me this is sensible or just plain stupid - as I'm on the fence with this - registered correctly as MK Indy, registered 2008 (he swears HE built it in 09) and 1.8 on log book when he swears 2.0!! More importantly - HPI clear..

One of us is plain stupid, not sure yet whether it's me or him :@

Poorscousertommy

posted on 28/9/11 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Bump before I go to bed.. Thoughts anyone? Alternative is a fresh build with 8k burning s hole in my pocket (as a starting point)...

Ta

Davg

posted on 28/9/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I would suggest you go fresh build! and you get what you want.

cheers D

------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.