Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: price increase
pauladamss

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
price increase

Just been on the mk website and kit prices have gone up. Just my luck, off up there a week monday to possibly order mine.
franky

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
i'd put 50p on you being able to order at the old price, pretty sure they wouldn't want to loose an order.
jossey

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
i agree.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
pauladamss

posted on 20/10/11 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
That looks like its getting close to the vortx prices and unless iv read there website wrong you get more for your money with there kit??
r1_pete

posted on 20/10/11 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Give them a ring and speak with them, Danny's a helpful sort..
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 20/10/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Have you seen what the MKEngineering Beem-R costs?

Looks a bargain to me!

noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
I wonder if a price increase means they will improve the quality of their parts ... I doubt it!
Buy an mnr or Westfield that's my advice

pauladamss

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
I see your building one are you not impressed with the quality??
lotusmadandy

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
Whats wrong with the quality of mk
parts like?

Mine are all spot on and have been for the last
four years.

Andy

lewis

posted on 20/10/11 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing wrong with my MK parts either I'm surprised kitcar companies have not put there prices up before now they are luxury items after all so must have taken a hit with all thats going on in the global crisis

[Edited on 20/10/11 by lewis]

I am a driving god!..........sort of

danny keenan

posted on 20/10/11 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
hi paul

because i have shown interest in our kits before the price change i will do the kit at the same price.

look forward to meeting you soon

thanks danny

Nick DV

posted on 20/10/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
How about that for good service! You can't argue with that

Cheers Nick

quote:
Originally posted by danny keenan
hi paul

because i have shown interest in our kits before the price change i will do the kit at the same price.

look forward to meeting you soon

thanks danny

"The force will be with you, always!"

pauladamss

posted on 20/10/11 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Indeed. just means i will have more to spend on other bits so happy days.
noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
How about sending those carbon fibre cycle wings that were paid for in July by a certain irish Mk owner

Or the white bonnet paid for in August by another Irish Mk owner

The irish kit car crew is quite small and it's seems ye like annoying them

Or maybe it's just the Irish guys ye like p**s off

danny keenan

posted on 20/10/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
already gone nick.
noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
The cycle wing?
Or the bonnet
Or both??

I plan to make a full attack on the Irish hillclimb championship next year .. And so is Ajw
The question being if Alex or I have an off and break a wishbone , cycle wing or other damage can we rely on Mk to gives us a decent turn around for parts .
Ie: 2-3 weeks would be reasonable or a little less if rounds were close together . Because at the minute it's taking 2-3 months ..
And to be honest if we can't have that kind of Support there is no point in making any type of an attempt on any championship.
I have already proved the car is capable of serious results. When I had a Top 10 finish and 2 class wins on the second last round of the hillclimb championship on it first day out on road legal tyres.
http://www.irishhillclimb.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/09/Round+10+MEC+21st+August.pdf
http://www.irishhillclimb.com/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2011/09/Round+9+MEC+20th+August.pdf

Wouldnt it be nice to have a Mk winning a hillclimb championship.
If I can't get that support the Mk will be on the Market in the new year to be probably be replaced by a Westfield.
As I know I can get support from them.
It's up to yeah guys really.

danny keenan

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
nick

yes both have gone.
alot has been going of at MK over the last couple of weeks.from now on i will be in charge of all the parts that need sending out.
i will make sure what ever is ordered from us will get to our customers in no more than 2 weeks what ever you order.
i will be doing two postage days one on monday and one on thursday every week to make sure everyone is happy.
we have now got a credit card machine wich will make things alot quicker with peoples orders.

you can both have as much support as you need.

from now on things will run alot better.

thanks danny

Jon Ison

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
To be fair I wouldn't consider attending any competitive motor port event without a couple of wishbones minimum in the spares kit, I would want to be able to put a corner back on the car during the event not in a couple of weeks time.

I don't own an MK btw but do know the guys pretty well, the next time they let me down will be the 1st time and I have called a fair few short notice favours of them which they have never let me down on, just my personal experience of MK.

daniel mason

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Mnr will sort you at with parts ASAP. And WILL go out of their way to help. Look no further than mnr for equivalent money.
Not sure on the Beem r as I've never seen one in the flesh and westy's , raw striker and definitely caterham will set you back a bit more!!

noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
nick

yes both have gone.
alot has been going of at MK over the last couple of weeks.from now on i will be in charge of all the parts that need sending out.
i will make sure what ever is ordered from us will get to our customers in no more than 2 weeks what ever you order.
i will be doing two postage days one on monday and one on thursday every week to make sure everyone is happy.
we have now got a credit card machine wich will make things alot quicker with peoples orders.

thanks danny

Well that's good to hear because we all agree that you have a good product
Just needs a little bit better organisation on the parts etc side

MikeFellows

posted on 20/10/11 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for no problems with MK on parts

picked up some bits last weekend, the guys where as welcoming as always.

noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
To be fair I wouldn't consider attending any competitive motor port event without a couple of wishbones minimum in the spares kit, I would want to be able to put a corner back on the car during the event not in a couple of weeks time.

I don't own an MK btw but do know the guys pretty well, the next time they let me down will be the 1st time and I have called a fair few short notice favours of them which they have never let me down on, just my personal experience of MK.

If your going to carry none wishbone then you might as well carry 4 and while you at it carry a full set of spare tyres and wheels (Avon hillclimb tyres are 1400euros a set) along with your wets .. And a spare nose cone rear,wings etc, etc then before you know it you will have 3 - 4 grand tied up in spares just in case you have a smack..
it's just not financially viable to carry all those spares ,
I have been racing and hillclimbing a good 10 years now and been lucky enough to only have on accident that was terminal
But if you have a mechanical failure you nearly always finished for the weekend unless it's an easy fix

noc231073

posted on 20/10/11 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
+1 for no problems with MK on parts

picked up some bits last weekend, the guys where as welcoming as always.

Unfortunately Mike
Being across the water it's quite difficult to call in to pick up bits and have to make do with shipping
Which as you have read from Dannys post it hasn't been up to scratch and hopefully now will improve

RSr

posted on 22/10/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
nick

yes both have gone.

thanks danny

Then I hope that my delivery to Sweden is on its way too.

//Rickard S

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.