Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: another illegally parked camera van
graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
another illegally parked camera van

found this van parked in grantham yesterday, so i added it to this post i have a nice collection now.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=162223

[Edited on 3/11/11 by graememk]

samjc

posted on 3/11/11 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Id call it in and cntact police be nice to know their reaction haha
graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
if you look at the link in my first post you will see a camera van parked in a bus stop, so i emailed the safty partnership and i got this email back.

Thank you for the photograph, Whilst the driver is not actually committing an offence as the bus stop is not marked correctly
as a clearway it is not acceptable for our vehicle to park in that position. It does not present a very good image of either the police or the
Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership. We have very strict guidelines as to where and how our operators should park their vehicles.
Each enforcement location is assessed and the parking area allocated. This vehicle should have be on the grass at the side of the
shelter clear of the footpath and out of the way of any pedestrians.
I have spoken to the driver and he has been advised accordingly.

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Regards

i emailed back suggesting that since we now know that its incorectly marked i assume he will be informing the highways department, that was aptil 2010, as of yet nothing has changed, i kind of want to park there myself but i know thats just silly.

Ninehigh

posted on 3/11/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah where is all the law surrounding this?

steve m

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
How do you know, he doesnt live there, and was taking stuff from his house that was for sale?

i dont really get the point of these threads, as we all know the speed limits, and we all know if, we can get caught
So what your saying, is because the speed van was in a possible illegal position, they can not fine you, and give you points?

If you are that worried, DONT SPEED!!

The rules are all quite plain, and simple

And yes i have "speeded" and yes ive been caught, am i complaining ??? no, as i was guilty

if you take the same logic against drink drivers, i am assuming your take on this , would be they are innocent, as the Police were in the wrong place?

Steve

graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
i havent said anything like that at all, my point is these vans i take photos of are parked in dangerous places and they should lead by example, and if you dont like posts like these then dont reply to them. simples.
daviep

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
i havent said anything like that at all, my point is these vans i take photos of are parked in dangerous places and they should lead by example, and if you dont like posts like these then dont reply to them. simples.

I agree 100%

However I don't think the van in this post is actually parked in a dangerous place, first picture seems to show good visibilty from quite well back from the give way line.

Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

daviep

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I agree 100%

However I don't think the van in this post is actually parked in a dangerous place, first picture seems to show good visibilty from quite well back from the give way line.

Davie

vinny1275

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
The police aren't entitled to break the law in order to enforce it....

steve m

posted on 3/11/11 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Surely its a forum, and i am entitled to comment were i feel it is required ?

Speeding is not allowed, and if you are caught, you will get a fine and points, end of. regardless of were the police may stand/park etc etc

I think most normal people would agree, that built up area's should be 30mph or less, and the original pic, in this thread is a built up housing area, and as such its a 30mph as it has lamp posts, assuming they did not carry 40mph signs?

Steve

Dopdog

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
ENTRAPMENT
Ben_Copeland

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
The guy whos trying to sell that house wouldnt be too impressed !! Not only is he blocking the For Sale sign, its not exactly a good advertisment for his house lol

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
the van is parked there as its part hidden behind the car thats parked on the grass, the van is also blocking the view from the t-juction not shown in the the pic. its also very close to zigzags that aren't yet marked on the road since it was resurfaced on that side

graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
Surely its a forum, and i am entitled to comment were i feel it is required ?

Speeding is not allowed, and if you are caught, you will get a fine and points, end of. regardless of were the police may stand/park etc etc

I think most normal people would agree, that built up area's should be 30mph or less, and the original pic, in this thread is a built up housing area, and as such its a 30mph as it has lamp posts, assuming they did not carry 40mph signs?

Steve

Quite agree speeding is bad and all that do it should be stoned to death, but this post has got nothing to do with people speeding, its regarding a camera van parked illegally and in my opinion a dangerous place.

AndyGT

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
The police aren't entitled to break the law in order to enforce it....

^+1

nothing is impossible
everything is possible

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
the van is parked there as its part hidden behind the car thats parked on the grass, the van is also blocking the view from the t-juction not shown in the the pic. its also very close to zigzags that aren't yet marked on the road since it was resurfaced on that side

I'm don't care whether he should be parked where he is but I still don't think it's dangerous (presuming the T junctionbin question is the one in this picture), the first picture in the thread quite clearly shows good visibility out of and in to the mouth of the junction.

The police should be allowed to carry out their duties using a bit of common sense, if we force the police to stick rigidly to the rule book then we should expect that we get booked for every tiny infraction of the law, I'm sure there are a few of us who have done some post SVA mods which could get us booked.

Davie

Dangle_kt

posted on 3/11/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daviep
I'm sure there are a few of us who have done some post SVA mods which could get us booked.

Davie

Ninehigh

posted on 3/11/11 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
How do you know, he doesnt live there, and was taking stuff from his house that was for sale?

i dont really get the point of these threads, as we all know the speed limits, and we all know if, we can get caught
So what your saying, is because the speed van was in a possible illegal position, they can not fine you, and give you points?

If you are that worried, DONT SPEED!!

The rules are all quite plain, and simple

And yes i have "speeded" and yes ive been caught, am i complaining ??? no, as i was guilty

if you take the same logic against drink drivers, i am assuming your take on this , would be they are innocent, as the Police were in the wrong place?

Steve

Actually in the last case I didn't know the limit, and I had no idea how fast I was going until the ticket came through (I watch where I'm going, not the dashboard)
Plus the van wasn't allowed to be there, that's why I'm complaining about this one (and not the previous three)

Also drink driving is dangerous all the time, going a little over some tick-the-box assesment of the environment may not be (again in this most recent case of mine I was on an empty road with about a mile of visibility)

graememk

posted on 3/11/11 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
can you see the 3 young children with the puppy on there push bikes coming down the hill at 20mph on the footpath ?

no you cant as the van is covering 50% of the footpath....

END

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.