Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT - shower plumbing question
02GF74

posted on 7/12/11 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
OT - shower plumbing question

Looking to fit shower to existing plumbing, as shown in photo below but the copper pipe above the shower will be exposed.

Is there any plasticy trunking type thing that I can use to cover up the pipe?

In an ideal world I'd chase a channel in the brickwork so the pipe sits in it but that is a load of work and would mean grubbing about in the corner of the loft to move the pipe - not ruled that out until I see what is going on in the loft.

Wadders

posted on 7/12/11 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
Seems a shame to spoil the job, for a little bit more work

But if you really can't be arsed, then just use some chromed copper pipe for whats on show.

Al.

Originally posted by 02GF74
Looking to fit shower to existing plumbing, as shown in photo below but the copper pipe above the shower will be exposed.

Is there any plasticy trunking type thing that I can use to cover up the pipe?

In an ideal world I'd chase a channel in the brickwork so the pipe sits in it but that is a load of work and would mean grubbing about in the corner of the loft to move the pipe - not ruled that out until I see what is going on in the loft.

tegwin

posted on 7/12/11 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
What he said...^^^

Or just paint the pipe once its in situ.. if its above the shower unit it should not ever get wet.....

It does not look like the pipe is far from the wall... I think if it were me I would chip the plaster out under it and bend the pipe as it is into the wall.. might see a bit of it at the top, but not all the way down the wall....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

stevebubs

posted on 7/12/11 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Assuming it's an electric shower, the water will be cold so I would just get some plastic electrical trunking and slide it over if you want a quick job...

[Edited on 7/12/11 by stevebubs]

stevebubs

posted on 7/12/11 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
PS Where I've had the same quandry in bathrooms, I've replaced the pipe with chromed pipe/fittings...make a feature out of it...
Puzzled

posted on 7/12/11 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Do the job right and sink the pipe. If it was your CAR would you settle for second best ?!!!!!!!!!
big-vee-twin

posted on 7/12/11 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
If you sink the pipe into the plaster you will need to sleeve it inside something like PVC flexible conduit as the plaster will eventually eat the copper

Better still cut the pipe back and extend in plastic.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

r1_pete

posted on 7/12/11 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Is This the sort of thing you need?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lsdweb

posted on 7/12/11 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
And if you're replacing the electric shower with a higher power rating, make sure the electrics are up too it!
macc man

posted on 7/12/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
You could use a chrome snap on cover over the copper but replcement would be best.
02GF74

posted on 10/12/11 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
thx for replies and suggestions. ...... guess I nee to take a peek in the loft to see what is involved with moving the pipe put by 30 mm ish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.