Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: seat help needed!!
roohunter

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
seat help needed!!

hi folks,
need some advice ,i have just become the owner of a part done mk indy,and need some advice on what seats to go for and who to buy from,,dont want to spend a fortune!
i am between the Roadster 7 style seats,Robin hood ones or the fibreglass / GRP ones sold by Kitparts etc i think?

anyone who has had these or can recommend some others advice would be appreciated

thanks all

graememk

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
kitparts grp ones are crap, best grp seats i've found are mk's own.

if you want to see how crap mine are u2u me your email address and i'll send pics

[Edited on 11/12/11 by graememk]

JohnH

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
seats

I have just got my seats from kitsparts,the fiber glass ones. When they were delivered the box was marked 5kg, Nice and light...... Really happy with mine....
russbost

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
If you're slim I have a pair of the kitparts direct/triton seats, brand new unused, but may have a few marks on, £200 the pair (I think that's cheap!) + P & P @ around £20 at a guess - but these are no good if you are, how can I put it, more largely proportioned!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
danny keenan

posted on 11/12/11 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
hi

i will do you a pair of our MK fibreglass seats for £260 with carbon head rest's.

if you need ay more info ive me a u2

thanks danny

Triton

posted on 12/12/11 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
If you're slim I have a pair of the kitparts direct/triton seats, brand new unused, but may have a few marks on, £200 the pair (I think that's cheap!) + P & P @ around £20 at a guess - but these are no good if you are, how can I put it, more largely proportioned!

The kitparts seats are nowt to do with Triton, they are however copies of them as the muppets copied the low side seat!!!!!!!
When I was doing the seats I sold one to a bloke who then copied it, Carbon Composites did the same!!

Plenty do the high side seat but some don't have a clue how to make seats that don't flex, one thing being light but if they flex they aint any good..

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 12/12/11 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
To correct my original post the seats I have came from Triton, but we've now gone over to the larger Triton seat, hence why I have a pair going spare!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
roohunter

posted on 12/12/11 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
seats

thanks folks for your help
yet again after help from you all, has anyone had both cushioned style seats (cobra roadster style)and the fibre glass ones
and how do they compare?
and does anyone have any good pics of the MK carbon topped ones as cant get a good pic off the website ?or owned a pair?

thank you all
regards roohunter

INDY BIRD

posted on 12/12/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Any good for you

whitestu

posted on 12/12/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I've got Roadster 7 seats. They are OK but quite heavy. If I was buying again I'd go for some MK or Triton ones.
nick205

posted on 12/12/11 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
I had Intatrim Odyssey's in my MK and loved them. A sort of half way house between the bare GRP ones and the rather loafy Cobra Roadster seats....

jossey

posted on 12/12/11 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
what about these. just ordered some. £140 per pair. 6kg per pair.

http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/pages/home_132873-z=391144&p=42407.cfm#content_391144

[Edited on 12/12/11 by jossey]

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisbeale

posted on 2/1/12 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
i might have some grp ones for sale shortly. just taken ownership of some custom made ones. will be in a few months time though
andy996tt

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Cant recommend JK composites seats enough
puma931

posted on 27/4/12 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
what about these. just ordered some. £140 per pair. 6kg per pair.

http://www.kitpartsdirect.com/pages/home_132873-z=391144&p=42407.cfm#content_391144

Has anyone got these seats? what are they like??

b14wrc

posted on 7/5/12 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Check out my post:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/30/viewthread.php?tid=168685

I've quoted a guy on here a really cheap deal for the initial pair.

Once I've done them, I'd be up for doing a couple more sets.

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

roohunter

posted on 8/5/12 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
seats

Thanks for that,keep in touch when you get into production may be interested,have you any ideas on prices

cheers

b14wrc

posted on 8/5/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Was thinking initially around £280 a pair for a full kit, that would include side mounts, bolts and padding. But very open to custom colours and more bespoke one off changes like carbon infills etc as well in that price range. Carbon prices these days would push the price up significantly if you wanted full carbon. The bog standard black finish could be a bit cheaper. I know it sounds a lot, but to be honest I think they are worth that considering the time put into them and they look pretty sweet.

I'd be open to negotiating deals though, my seats will be limited runs and I may even look at selling the moulds at some stage in the future. All I want to do is sell a couple to make my money back on costs and time for the tooling and hopefully sell a few to help fund building my car! Lol.

Rob

20vt powered rear engined locost

bi22le

posted on 8/5/12 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Back to the OP who is asking for advice.

I have both padded and GRP for my striker and honestly can say the GRP are MORE comfortable. They offer better support and contact you alot more. Strikers have a bench seat, I only have 1 GRP and I have a full tonneau so thats why I swap depending on what I am up to.

More surface \ contact area = less pressure = increased comfort!

I would go for GRP all the way.

No worries when it rains (drill a hole in the bottom to let water out)
Foam wont compress and deform over time
Increased feel
Increased sensation of race car
lighter
You can still get foam inserts

HTH

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.