Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eezibleed with twin master cylinders?
daniel mason

posted on 4/1/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
eezibleed with twin master cylinders?

do the same principles apply when using gunson eezibleed with twin master cylinder arrangement? eg just force the pressurised fluid to brake fluid chamber?
is there a sequence of which calipers to bleed first or should i jack the rear up and bleed the fronts first? is 20 psi a reasonable tyure pressure to use? cheers

ReMan

posted on 4/1/12 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
Follow normal instructions, and know which cylinder is front do fronts etc

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

britishtrident

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
As above 40psi works better, a hose nipp can be very handy to control the air flow.

If you have oridinary tintop style hoses you can also use a hose nipp to control the fluid.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

daniel mason

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
was just concerned about fluid flow out of the twin outlet resevoir,but i suppose if its pressurised it will pump equal ammounts to both cylinders

karlak

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
was just concerned about fluid flow out of the twin outlet resevoir,but i suppose if its pressurised it will pump equal ammounts to both cylinders

Is the eezibleed the system you pressure up with a "spare tyre"? If so, I thought I read that 10psi is about as high as you want to go - any higher could split the fluid resevoir.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

loggyboy

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
From my experience a normally inflated tyre is perfect (ie 25-30 psi) andything less than that and it will run out of puff before you finish, (especially if your doing a full system after a fresh install or major works)

Do you have one reservoir serving both M/C?

daniel mason

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
i do mate. 2 x outlets from bottom

ReMan

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
sorry missed the single reservoir point, even easier then..

but why would you you jack up the back to bleed the fronts?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

loggyboy

posted on 4/1/12 at 11:10 PM Reply With Quote
All you need to do is wack the system on, bleed the one axel at a time (assuming you have a front/rear split), and just make sure you check the fluid level between each, as if it drops to low you will need to bleed them all through completely and start again!
Autosri

posted on 5/1/12 at 12:02 AM Reply With Quote
just work them a seperate systems bleed one master cylider and its paired axle then refill gunson and do the second master cylider and its paired axle i normaly go for 20-25 psi but depending on the size of tyre you may have to pump it up half way through
rusty nuts

posted on 5/1/12 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
The problem with using more than about 15psi is getting the eezibleed cap to seal on the reservoir, I always found more you woulod get fluid leaking from the cap/seal. Better to try with less pressure to start with IMHO
loggyboy

posted on 5/1/12 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Autosri
just work them a seperate systems bleed one master cylider and its paired axle then refill gunson and do the second master cylider and its paired axle i normaly go for 20-25 psi but depending on the size of tyre you may have to pump it up half way through

He cant do them seperately as he only has one reservoir to secure the ezibleed to!

contaminated

posted on 5/1/12 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Don't even think about running it at over 20 psi or it will pi$$ out every where. At 40 psi it will blow it out all over you paint! 15 psi is more than adequate.

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

Autosri

posted on 5/1/12 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Autosri

He cant do them seperately as he only has one reservoir to secure the ezibleed to!

It doesn't matter that there is only one reservoir it will just pressurise both master cylinders all the time

wicket

posted on 5/1/12 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Always had a problem with Eezi bleed getting to seal, leaking, correct pressure etc. Ended up buying a Mitvac works brilliantly.
mad4x4

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Always had a problem with Eezi bleed getting to seal, leaking, correct pressure etc. Ended up buying a Mitvac works brilliantly.

same here - ended up buying this -> Linky

haven't used it yet as i'm full of cold

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

MikeRJ

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wicket

I found the seal is very variable depending on the type of master cylinder e.g. it works perfectly with old minis that use the tin reservoirs and small caps. I have a MityVac and it's pretty good, but you have you seal the bleed nipples with lots of grease or you get air sucked in through the threads which makes it impossible to tell if there is any air left in the system. It also failed to bleed the front calipers on my bike properly, despite passing a vast amount of fluid through. Eventually I bodged the easybleed onto the master cylinder and it bled the air out instantly.

blakep82

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
took me a while to get a decent seal on my wilwood cylinders with the easibleed. ended up having to take another rubber seal out of the other caps to make it work, ended up with a resevoir full to the top and overflowing with fluid, and still didn't get the brakes bled. wasn't a proper effort on my part though, was just trying it out really, but with some care, they are very useful

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RichardK

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by contaminated
Don't even think about running it at over 20 psi or it will pi$$ out every where. At 40 psi it will blow it out all over you paint! 15 psi is more than adequate.

I agree

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
contaminated

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
took me a while to get a decent seal on my wilwood cylinders with the easibleed. ended up having to take another rubber seal out of the other caps to make it work, ended up with a resevoir full to the top and overflowing with fluid, and still didn't get the brakes bled. wasn't a proper effort on my part though, was just trying it out really, but with some care, they are very useful

I resorted to replacing the easibleed cap with the one of the actual resevoir by drilling a hole in it and fitting the pipe!

Tiger Super Six Independent
www.southernkitcars.com

DRCorsa

posted on 5/1/12 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Why not bleed them the old traditional way?
I have not any experience on easibleed, but i feel that while it requires only one person, it adds some complexity to the process.

daniel mason

posted on 5/1/12 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
it said on intructions that when using twin master cyliders to jack up the rear and bleed the fronts. thats why i suggested it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.