Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How to Value a rolling and registered Stylus
Antnicuk

posted on 4/1/12 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
How to Value a rolling and registered Stylus

I am embarking on a new project that needs funding. I was thinking about selling the stylus complete as a package with all the wheels, trailer and spares but the market isnt good at the moment and i think i may get more by selling it in parts. I can value nearly all the parts but i am not sure what the chassis/shell would be worth. It will have a complete front end running gear including brakes, shocks, ARB (all BJ's rosejoints bearings and bushes are either new or done less than 500 miles). All the car electrics including digi dash, all other dash gauges, lights, indicators, full carpeted interior with 5 point harnesses and new fibreglass seats, full roll cage and half hood. The body has recently been resprayed and is in very good condition. It will not have a rear axle but this will be for sale separately. The rear shocks will be included as will the custom made 8 gallon foam filled and baffled fuel tank. I could also include the stainless re packable exhaust silencer made by haywood and scott for the right price. It will have the OPB floor mounted peddle box and master cylinders including the clutch. Full steering will be left in tact which is a low mileage quick rack. I could leave the rad and fans which works extremely well and keep the 400 bhp rotary engine that is in it nice and cool. The car is registered and MOT'd so would just need an engine and box of choice of which many will fit, especially as the car has a flip front. It also has RT rear wings which are wider. I am using an Atlas axle but the original car had an english.

I will be taking out the complete engine and management system, oil and charge cooling and gearbox.

What do you think would be a sensible price?

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/1/12 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
Only about £2000 I would say, its the engine what makes your car , I think you would be better trying to sell it first as a complete car, you should get around £7500+ I would have thought.
jeffw

posted on 5/1/12 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested in your Atlas....

peter bland

posted on 5/1/12 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
antnicuk, you have U2U.
stevebubs

posted on 5/1/12 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Be worth quite a lot more as a running car, even with a basic engine in there.

You may struggle to get #1500 as a shell with no rear axle...but depends if your car is exactly what someone wants...if it is then they'll pay the right money...

Antnicuk

posted on 4/2/12 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
I have done some thinking about my new project which I was planning to use some of the more expensive parts from the kit car and I will be using more from the Donor car meaning that I can sell the Kit car as whole package. I have a couple of bits i want to do to it, i have ordered some new plugs, just fitted a new battery and will change the oil and filter. I will touch up the odd stone chips and give it a good clean. Then I will be putting the whole lot up for sale as a complete package with all the wheels, spares, trailer etc.

Just waiting for the weather to improve a little and figure out a price .........

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.