Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: eletrical cad for drawing wiring digrams?
baz-R

posted on 6/1/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
eletrical cad for drawing wiring digrams?

hi im looking for a free or inexpensive program to draw some wiring digrams for my build on my pc.
would be best if it can be quick and do ladder type digrams if possible.
does any one know or use anything good?

Mr C

posted on 6/1/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
Probably not the easiest to use for wiring, I used Powerpoint.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

MikeRJ

posted on 6/1/12 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
TinyCad is an open source electronic schematic editor. This is not specifically targeted to ladder style schematics, but since you can design your own custom symbols it should be usable. This is a proper schematic capture package so you can export a netlist, if that is important to you.

Dia is an open source diagram editor, somewhat similar to Microsofts 'Visio'. This is a much more general purpose diagram editor, so you can use it for floor plans, flow charts, network diagrams etc. and again you can define your own symbols ('shapes'). There are some useful looking symbols in the included library

[Edited on 6/1/12 by MikeRJ]

Proby

posted on 6/1/12 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Off topic Baz-R, but I LOVE your avatar! Made me chuckle, especially as my lad is playing Mario Kart at the moment in his Wii. Lol.
tadltd

posted on 6/1/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
SolidWorks do a free 2d CAD software called DraftSight, which is very similar to AutoCad, which in turn is mainly what our electrical design engineers use.

You can download it from the SW web site.

Best Regards,

Steve.
www.turnerautosport.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
snowy2

posted on 6/1/12 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
i do have posted in various places on this forum wiring diagrams for our cars....if that is what your looking for.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

bi22le

posted on 6/1/12 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
When I started studying electronic engineering I used a program called crocadile clips. I dont know if it is free but if you can get it then it will do a car wiring circuit. It would test your circuit and do all sorts.

Quality basic program. As I say though, it was a while ago and I dont know if it is free.

HTH

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Proby

posted on 6/1/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
When I started studying electronic engineering I used a program called crocadile clips. I dont know if it is free but if you can get it then it will do a car wiring circuit. It would test your circuit and do all sorts.

Quality basic program. As I say though, it was a while ago and I dont know if it is free.

HTH

Biz

This jigs my memory, whilst doing my HNC, we used a program called EWB, or Electronic Workbench. I think there was a freeware version, as well as a full blown version. This too allowed you to draw the circuits on screen and test them.

RoadkillUK

posted on 6/1/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I've just recently been searching, most of the stuff you find is more to do with microelectronics, circuit boards and that kind of thing. The only software I found was mentioned earlier, it's TinyCad, I've made a simple circuit with it and I found it simple to use.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
trikerneil

posted on 7/1/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Crocodile Clips torrent HERE

HTH

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

wylliezx9r

posted on 7/1/12 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Microsoft visio is really good for wiring diagrams and is free if you look in the right places

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.