Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Advice please Seatbelts IVA
wombat

posted on 22/1/12 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
Advice please Seatbelts IVA

As title, which seatbelt fixings are allowed/not allowed for IVA ?
Intend using a high back seat.

johnwilders

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
seatbelts

I was sort of hoping for some replies to this one coz I want to use hook & eye my self.
blakep82

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
thought there'd be more replies by now... since there isn't i'll try lol
have a look through the manual, there's a whole list of approval numbers in there, your belts need to have one of the approvals, whether its BS numbers, E marking etc.
FIA approval is now also acceptable, so that means snap hook or bolt fixing is also OK, so take your pick!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

wombat

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks blake.
I was surprised at lack of response, everyone must be tucking into their sunday roast............

Or perhaps it was a ''look in the b*****y manual'' job.

Cheers

blakep82

posted on 22/1/12 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wombat
Thanks blake.
I was surprised at lack of response, everyone must be tucking into their sunday roast............

Or perhaps it was a ''look in the b*****y manual'' job.

Cheers

yeah, kinda a look in the manual job there's a link to the manual under all my posts. its the M1 manual you need, top option
there used to be a list of aceptable markings, only seems to be 2 now... not sure why that is though.
i assume you're using a 4 point harness? I got FIA approved ones from prima motorsport, great quality great service, and cheaper than most of the Sparco, Sabelt etc. come highly recommended.

the manual also gives all the details on how the belts have to be mounted. there's a diagram showing the height of the upper mounts, above the base of the seat. definitely worth a read before making up any parts

[Edited on 22/1/12 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

PeterV

posted on 22/1/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Getting my WLR through the IVA I used some low cost seats and belts with some home made caps (little Darth Vader helments ) and covers to get around the 19mm radius problems.

These passed with flying colours and high praise from IVA tester

Might give you some ideas. Click link for pics etc. Seat Belt Fixings

Once I get the steering self centre sorted I should have a pass. Still fighting this one

Will upgrade the seats & belts after its on the road.

snapper

posted on 22/1/12 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
It's apply at the manual job.
Not complex but you need to understand first off what you are bolting to or through.
In the manual it shows the welding for the upper mounts and it states how much thread in the tubes and how much the threaded bolt needs to protrude.
The bolt strength is described and how it is shown on the bolt head.
Lower mounts have to be captive or you need to be able to undo them on your own.
If you read the relevant section in the manual ( in my case many times) it becomes clear, but you just can't take what is said on any forum as gospel, apply it and expect to pass.
Some research you just have to do for your self.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

wombat

posted on 22/1/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Blake/Snapper

Thankyou will refer to manual first in future !

Cheers

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.