Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1300 x-flow
killieaitken

posted on 25/1/12 at 12:23 AM Reply With Quote
1300 x-flow

Hi there, i am new to this feed and new to kit car building! I was wondering if anyone can help me out.....should me weber carbs be piped in with a return fuel line?

Can the carbs be fitted upside down as my throttle linkage is sticking up above my bonnet line? I really am usueless and if anyone has any photos of there competed x-flow engine with twin 40 webers plugged in etc it would be greatly appreciated!

chrisbeale

posted on 25/1/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, welcome.
No, I'm afraid you can't fit your carbs upside down, they wouldn't work. You shouldn't need a return fuel line either. I'm afraid if they stick up above the bonnet line you might have to think about modifying your bonnet. Alternatively, look into getting some different carbs.

lsdweb

posted on 25/1/12 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome

You used to be able to get Webber throttle linkages that mounted below the carbs - I've not seen them for a while though!

Wyn

Autosri

posted on 25/1/12 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
What sort of linkage do you have as the 40s on my pinto the linkage is in line with the spindle not above

It would be better if you put a pic up of yours then people can advise

Alan M

posted on 25/1/12 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
See picture below: Webber installation is very similar

(Not too good at this so pic might not show, have a look in my archive

stevebubs

posted on 25/1/12 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by killieaitken
Hi there, i am new to this feed and new to kit car building! I was wondering if anyone can help me out.....should me weber carbs be piped in with a return fuel line?

Can the carbs be fitted upside down as my throttle linkage is sticking up above my bonnet line? I really am usueless and if anyone has any photos of there competed x-flow engine with twin 40 webers plugged in etc it would be greatly appreciated!

1) No

2) No

3) Have you looked at other linkages?

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=gal&user=stevebubs&folder=Fury%20Engine%20Bay

Dellortos not Webers but the principle is the same

[Edited on 25/1/12 by stevebubs]

killieaitken

posted on 25/1/12 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
It is orginial webber throttle linkage kit, Can it be fitted on any one of the webbers r does it need to be the furthest away? The funny think it the car is built out of the ron champion book so the carbs should fit the body work. I will take a picture today abd get it up loaded

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.