Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Too cheap or quite realistic
Simon

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Too cheap or quite realistic

Chaps,

I've got toy car on ebay with a reserve on it (£2.5k). It's mot'd till Oct, taxed till end July; but it does need a bit of work, as mentioned in the listing and possibly other minor things.

Locost | eBay

Do you think it's too cheap, optimistic or realistic and to let it run.

I had one chap look at it, who offered more than the reserve and I'm tempted to take it; but I don't really want to sell as it's been quite a bit part of my life over nearly 10 years, however we the need funds for our extension which we are keen to get on with.

Cheers for any thoughts.

ATB

Simon

JoelP

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Bargain IMHO.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

doddy

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
i would say the car looks good but the title of your add is very poor and will not show when most people look
i would change it to maybe
locost kit car 7 with v8 engine and as much other info you can get into the title

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/4x4wheels

Wadders

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Seems like a bargain for someone to me and possibly underpriced......although to be fair your timing is not good, give it 2 or 3 months and a bit of a tidy and you could possibly double your money.

Al.

Originally posted by Simon
Chaps,

I've got toy car on ebay with a reserve on it (£2.5k). It's mot'd till Oct, taxed till end July; but it does need a bit of work, as mentioned in the listing and possibly other minor things.

Locost | eBay

I had one chap look at it, who offered more than the reserve and I'm tempted to take it; but I don't really want to sell as it's been quite a bit part of my life over nearly 10 years, however we the need funds for our extension which we are keen to get on with.

Cheers for any thoughts.

ATB

Simon

jacko

posted on 2/2/12 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Chaps,

Locost | eBay

Cheers for any thoughts.

ATB

Simon

Well i think its too cheap £3000 min reserve only my opinion
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I just tried changing (up) the reserve and wasn't allowed - can only change it down. I can cancel and start a new auction with higher reserve.

Currently has 90 watchers.

Cheers chaps

ATB

Simon

loggyboy

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doddy
i would say the car looks good but the title of your add is very poor and will not show when most people look
i would change it to maybe
locost kit car 7 with v8 engine and as much other info you can get into the title

Defo do this...

macc man

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Worth £3K plus IMHO. Is it worth putting in storage for a while til market picks up. Shame to give away as you have spent such a lot of time on it. I have a similar situation and have decided to hang on to mine for as long as I can. Good luck with your sale.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Too cheap!!!, even in current condition it has got to worth £3500 to £4000, there's not many V8 powered locosts around.
designer

posted on 2/2/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Definately too cheap.

£3500 would seem a reasonable price to pay for that.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jimmyjoebob

posted on 2/2/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think your car is too cheap on ebay - I opened the bidding after stumbling on your advertisement whilst researching for my front hub alloy mushroom advertisement! At that price, your proximity and that spec of car it was too tempting for me even though I actually ought to be buying a Land Rover.

Get as many words in the title - think of as many relevant single word 'locost related' searches someone might do that you could tag onto.

Would you want to go through SVA/IVA again if you were to build another?

[Edited on 2/2/12 by jimmyjoebob]

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

stevebubs

posted on 2/2/12 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Chaps,

Locost | eBay

Cheers for any thoughts.

ATB

Simon

HOW CHEAP??

(get my drift?)

Ben_Copeland

posted on 3/2/12 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Better title, more pictures/better ones. More description of other bits of the car.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

swanny

posted on 3/2/12 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
too cheap for me, just sold my 3.5 v8 vindicator to a dealer for more than that!
Simon

posted on 4/2/12 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Sold privately for £3k. Reasonably happy with that, though not pleased at having to sell.

Will be needing another project towards the end of the year

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.