Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy RR
Twin40

posted on 8/2/12 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy RR

Hey guys, just doing the first post introductions - i've recently ordered myself an Mk Indy RR, should be here in a few weeks! In the meantime i'm on the search for a hayabusa engine + loom etc - so if you know of one....

Cheers

Clive

imp paul

posted on 8/2/12 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
hello and welcome. as for your engine malc is your man for a good 1. Yorkshire engines and it would have very good back up top man good luck on your build

paul

http://www.yorkshireengines.co.uk/website/

[Edited on 8/2/12 by imp paul]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 8/2/12 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
Found one here, still in the bike so can be heard running.

Suzuki Hayabusa GSXR1300 GSXR 1300 Engine complete running package | eBay

Twin40

posted on 8/2/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info guys, that ebay link is pretty good...

however i've been told the later Busa engines are better?? (probably more £££'s too!)

Any ideas?

The plan is to bolt in a fairly stock motor for this season and then 'upgrade' for next year. As i've never driven a kit car before!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 8/2/12 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
The later busa engines, like Danny runs in the race car give another 20bhp, but are nearly twice the price, I don't think you will get a complete running packaged for much less than £3500
imp paul

posted on 8/2/12 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
later busa engine has more compression
Custardpants

posted on 8/2/12 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Haven't tried the Gen I Busa - but bear in mind that if you are in the car on your own versus a Gen II with two people will it really be much slower?
Twin40

posted on 8/2/12 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Well i'm intending to compete with this car, so max bhp is always a big help.

I'm considering the route of buying a complete bike, that way i get all the components i'll need, and i can sell the remaning frame/parts etc.

anyone else on here compete with their MK?

eddie99

posted on 8/2/12 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I've got a nice 08 hayabusa for sale, only done a couple of hundred miles,U2U me if interested

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
noc231073

posted on 8/2/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have a 2011 Mk Indy rr with a 2010 engine I race and hillclimb in
I am running a nova dry sump. Flat shift .. Up and down the gears ... A great upgrade too is a wiring loom from Riltech racing in the USA cuts all the crap out of the loom, but still keeping the Suzuki ecu so you can flash the ecu using. Ecu editor , a proper swirl pot is a must ... And don't bother with the standard clocks I running a digi dash
With gps and datalogger .. Great piece of kit ... I also fit a factory pro kit which is a super upgrade .. Gives positive gear changes with no missed gears
What kinda build budget have you .. With the busa it can get expensive I have spent in the region of 15k + to get it to where it is now. 13 are also a must for tyre choice
If ya need any info give me a shout ... Or at that if you were interested in a built one mine coul be on the market soon

Twin40

posted on 9/2/12 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Eddie99 - I'll send over a U2U in a moment

noc231073 - Thats exactly the type of build i'm aiming for, sounds like you've got quite an impressive machine there! any chance of some pictures? I've got the 13" compomotive CXN's coming with the car.

What fuel system do you run then? In-tank pump - main pump - filter - swirl pot etc etc

ajw

posted on 9/2/12 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
If you are running 13" wheels send back the standard wings and get 13in specials from Danny. NOC s car is capable of beating a 550bhp mitsi evo time attack car on the track ,its prestine. swop the shocks before you use them for double adjastables. My car has all footwell on passanger side modified by MK to take dry sump tank etc.I am fitting a obp pedal box at the moment. Use cosworth drives if you can find them. good luck building.
Twin40

posted on 28/2/12 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
It finally here! Picked up the kit on saturday, Danny K very kindly took me down the road in a K8 powered Indy R, certainly put a smile on my face!

So first question of many, anyone have a decent picture of the front anti-roll bar setup? Mine seems to be clashing with the chassis (will get pics up asap)

Cheers

Clive B.

noc231073

posted on 28/2/12 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
I don't understand how it clashing with the chassis are you sure you haven't mixed the front and rear one up
big_l

posted on 28/2/12 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
Awsome car . You
Should do a build blog so we can all keep an eye on the build !!
I used google blogger It is easy !! I do it on my iPhone there is a app you can down load !!

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

Twin40

posted on 28/2/12 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
I don't understand how it clashing with the chassis are you sure you haven't mixed the front and rear one up

No, the front anti roll bar on this chassis is inboard, it sits on top of the chassis and links with the top bolts of the rocker setup (pictures would help hugely here! I'll get some asap)

The problem i'm having is the bolts look to be hitting the chassis - so i assume i'm assembling it incorrectly...

Hence the pic request!

And yes when i've got a little further i'll get a build thread going....

cheers

scootz

posted on 28/2/12 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
I can't get onto the MK website... what's the difference between the R and an RR?

It's Evolution Baby!

bobinspain

posted on 28/2/12 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I can't get onto the MK website... what's the difference between the R and an RR?

I think the RR is more race-orientated Scott, including rose-jointing instead of poly-bushed chassis.

scootz

posted on 28/2/12 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Ah! Cheers Bob!

It's Evolution Baby!

loggyboy

posted on 28/2/12 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Im sorry to dig up an old subject, and I can hear you all groaning - but are MK still supplying a rollcage that doesnt meet MSA standards?
Twin40

posted on 28/2/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've just read up on this - amazing how one simple post on a forum can ruin your day!! Cheers Loggyboy!

contacted MSA to get this clarified once and for all.

[Edited on 28/2/12 by Twin40]

Davegtst

posted on 28/2/12 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
whats the idea behind the passenger footwell bulkhead being further back than the drivers?
loggyboy

posted on 28/2/12 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twin40
I've just read up on this - amazing how one simple post on a forum can ruin your day!! Cheers Loggyboy!

contacted MSA to get this clarified once and for all.

Sorry mate, better now than when its all put together!

From what ive read on Dannys posts here, they have used a friendly MSA scrutineer to get sign log books of other cars with the same cage so Im sure it will be ok to get the car on track - Im just suprised they've not changed it as its such a simple change needed!

MSA link: http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/pdf/SafetyRoll-OverStructures.pdf

[Edited on 28/2/12 by loggyboy]

Twin40

posted on 28/2/12 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
whats the idea behind the passenger footwell bulkhead being further back than the drivers?

I assume its to accomodate the pedal box, obvioulsy only required on the drivers side hence the bulkhead location

No probs loggyboy, yes your right - better find out now than when i arrive trackside!

Neville Jones

posted on 28/2/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Im sorry to dig up an old subject, and I can hear you all groaning - but are MK still supplying a rollcage that doesnt meet MSA standards?

Using a 'friendly' scrutineer to sign log books is one thing, and they may get away with it for a while. But one day a sharp scrutineer who knows his rules and applies them, will tell the MK crowd to go home and weld in the single tube as in the MSA and FIA regs to make the cages legal. This is a big safety item, and came about as a result of a court case. Just look out for when MSA takes the new rule and makes it bite.

Better still, get a proper legal cage from day one. It will look much neater, and be lighter.

Cheers,
Nev.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.