Contributor

Posts 2753
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 24/2/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Gutted

Came home earlier today and spotted police car in the road thought nothing of it. Later on on the way back from collecting my daughter from school spotted the private ambulance in neighbours drive.
Neighbour was a lovely lovely lady in her eighties, super independant, drove a sierra she'd had from new every day to take her dog for a walk , no power steering old school like. Never once asked for any help rain,snow or shine although we offered to help her often with shopping ,home problems etc. Apparently she called the doc this morning whilst feeling unwell and when he got there she had passed away dog by her side. Wish i could of done more for her. Gutted.
Look after your neigbours folks.

jacko

posted on 24/2/12 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad
RIP
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steve m

posted on 24/2/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Poor old dear, thank god her dog was with her,
its actually brought a couple of tears thinking about her, dying all alone

I do hope she did not suffer

Steve

daniel mason

posted on 24/2/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
what a shame. seems like you did help her when required, and am sure she took note of you offereing to help.

Ninehigh

posted on 24/2/12 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
You did all you can, still gutted for you.

Chippy

posted on 24/2/12 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Had a similar thing with my next door neighbour, old guy 84 very frail. I used to cut his lawn and do a bit of washing up for him. In the end he had to go into a home, (not feeding himself), used to take his mail in and read it for him. Went in one day to be told he had passed away during the night, don't know why but it made me feel very sad. Ho Hum, funny old life. Cheers Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

SteveWalker

posted on 24/2/12 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
It's sad when someone goes, but there is another side. Our neighbour was in her eighties, drove wherever she wanted to go, pottered about in the garden, went on cruises; then one day her daughter called round and found her in bed confused and paralysed down one side. She's now in a home (at the end of the same road as it happens), she's lost her independence and she doesn't like visitors as she wants them to remember her as she was.

Three of my grandparents and my mother-in-law and father in law died either suddenly or after short periods of illness (5 to 9 weeks) - far better I think than a years long, lingering, undignified decline into death or a gradual descent into dementia.

The best most of us can hope for is decent health to a ripe old age and then to go pretty quickly.

Jasper

posted on 25/2/12 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
It's sad for sure, but if I had a choice I would want to go that way - rather than rotting in some horrible nursing home with dementia. Sounds like she went the way she would want to go, independent to the last.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

Agriv8

posted on 25/2/12 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Had this with my gran who I used to go an house sit with I was supposed to look after her. but even riddled with cancer I would be woken to a cooked brakfast and an Ironed shirt ( with starched crease lines that would slice your finger on ).

she wrung out as much as she could from every day she lived ( just shed a tear on my keyboard )

RIP

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

violentblue

posted on 25/2/12 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
before we moved we had a nice old couple 2 doors down that I was good friends with (despite a 50+ year age difference)
they always brought us fresh Veg from the garden and I brought them fresh baked bread (a hobby of mine).
but they are getting up there, if one of them took a tumble the other wouldn't really be able to help.
I still check in on them whenever I can.

our seniors are living history books, the fella wold sit and tell me about his days in the 2nd world war over a beer. He says he never thought for a minute that he would make it home, so only priority he had was keeping his mates alive.

a few pics of my other projects

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.