Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Full TB Injection set up
Paul M

posted on 28/2/12 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Full TB Injection set up

I'm considering dumping my megasquirt set up on my Stylus ang going for a full commercail
TB set up. I'll be stripping and selling the megasquirt as a package so am going to need everything
for the new install ( in the engine bay that is, I'll be keeping the fuel pumps)

I appreciate that Omex / Jenvey is the most popular option, whats the best place to buy and does anyone
know of anyone that gives good discounts or is open to a spot of haggling.

Does anyone know of anyone in Yorkshire that can map Emerald or does it always have to back to dave Walker.

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

will121

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Why do you feel the need to change it all? A full set up seems to be best part of £1500 although a good bit of shopping about will help, also if buying it Direct one good haggle point is including a mapping session which in emeralds case can be £300.
NigeEss

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Whilst Omex/Emerald are good they're also very expensive.
I'd be interested in buying your Megasquirt set up.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

laptoprob

posted on 29/2/12 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
U2U Re Emerald Omex tuning in Sheffield mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajlF4nWJtGA

BaileyPerformance

posted on 29/2/12 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul M
I'm considering dumping my megasquirt set up on my Stylus ang going for a full commercail
TB set up. I'll be stripping and selling the megasquirt as a package so am going to need everything
for the new install ( in the engine bay that is, I'll be keeping the fuel pumps)

I appreciate that Omex / Jenvey is the most popular option, whats the best place to buy and does anyone
know of anyone that gives good discounts or is open to a spot of haggling.

Does anyone know of anyone in Yorkshire that can map Emerald or does it always have to back to dave Walker.

Megasquirt MS2 is better than most of the high end ECUs in my opinion, folks often give megasquirt a bad press as they struggle to get it sorted, if you or your tuner cannot sort an MS then they will probably struggle with any other ECU!

We have installed and mapped around 40 MSs on all sorted of engines, Jenvey throttle bodies are common with MS.

There is a nice Fiesta on our website with MS1 and Jenvey 45s on a stock engine making 170+BHP!

Don't give up on your megasquirt, if you are having trouble i will try to help you foc!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 29/2/12 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I'm a huge advocate of Megasquirt. Used it on several projects in the past and built them from scratch.

I echo the comments above about people blaming problems on it because it's the bit they don't understand. Yes, it's complicated, yes there is a steep learning curve, and no there is not come magic formula to make it work, but if you're prepared to spend the time it's a very capable system.

The other problem people seem to have is buying the 'wrong' megasquirt. There are so many variations, not just in the board revisions or the processors, but also in how things like ignition outputs, timing inputs, etc etc are implemented. If in doubt, keep reading until you're sure. Or ask on here - there are plenty of us with MS experience. A common problem I've seen when been asked to 'fix' an MS system is where people have bought a VR system with internal coil drivers and tried to wire it up to an EDIS.

On a stock Zetec (ie no crazy mods, turbo, etc) you should really have no trouble getting it running on MS. Make it really easy by using EDIS, then the sparks are taken care of outside the MS. You can't really go wrong then!

Really it comes down to your time vs money ratio I guess. If you just want to throw money at the problem then Emerald/Omex/any other system is the way to go. If you prefer to spend less and put the time into understanding the system (and your car!) then MS is a very good option.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul M

posted on 29/2/12 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Don't give up on your megasquirt, if you are having trouble i will try to help you foc!

still waiting for a reply from you about April availability Dale, I emailed you last week saying the 13th was too late for me
as I was working all that week.

SSC Stylus 2.0. Blacktop, Omex
ECU & Bodies

BaileyPerformance

posted on 29/2/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Oops, that's embarrassing!
Its no excuse but i get snowed under sometimes with voice msgs and emails, i though i had replied, sorry!!
Available dates as follows...

March 9/10/16/17/23

April 13/14/20/21

Sorry, booked up 6/7th.

I work away from home Monday to Thursday as an control systems engineer in the oil and gas industry (which is why it hard to get hold of me by phone in the week), so only weekend slots are available.

Cheers Dale.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.