Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bad day......
AndyW

posted on 16/3/12 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Bad day......

Its been a really stressful year at work. Usual story, not enough time to get everything done, expected to work every evening when I get home. Had a "heated" discussion with one of the bosses today, accusations flew, and I have ended up quitting with immediate effect.

I know thats really not good, trust me Ive been at home all afternoon trying to find a way to resolve it, but its just not there. When I look back over the last year I really haven't enjoyed myself. In fact I cant remember when I last did enjoy myself at work.

So here I am going into whats going to seem like a very long weekend with nothing but this sick in the stomache feeling. I have already spoken with several agencies and have 2 interviews next week. Although getting to them is going to be a challenge as my company car is likely to be collected Monday am.

Sorry for the long winded post, just I dont think I have felt this sad for a very long time. Silly I know, a grown man pooring out his feeling over the net.

Lets hope that in the next few days I can start to feel a little more positive and look forward to the future.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great weekend. I doubt I will even open the garage door as I will either smash the kit into a million peices or just stick it up for sale....

Andy

gavin174

posted on 16/3/12 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Andy..

I have been there and know how you feel..

I walked away from a well paid job to go tyre fitting...
I wasnt enjoying my job with the resposibilty out waying the wages, and dreaded going to work..

Evenatually i walked out and went tyre fitting, this was only a stop gap, lasted 8 years thou and ended up managing a fastfit centre.

have move on from that now, but it was the best thing I ever did...

you work to live, not live to work.

chin up mate. it will sort its self out

http://www.essexkitcarclub.com

ashg

posted on 16/3/12 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
been there done that. no doubt you will end up better off in the end. i got made redundant a few years ago felt the same as you but eventually found a job that was even better than the one i had. have walked out of a couple of jobs in the past too, only to find better ones.

its not all doom and gloom these days like people say. if you are bright and willing to work there are plenty of jobs out there. my company is looking for loads of people but struggles to find ideal candidates we have about 25 positions advertised at the moment for all sorts of people.

http://www.elekta.com/company/career-center.html

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

scootz

posted on 16/3/12 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote

Sorry to hear that! You'll bounce back though and move on to happier times!

It's Evolution Baby!

perksy

posted on 16/3/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sometimes these things just happen (been there and got the Tee shirt)

Keep your chin up and i'm sure things will all work out for the best

You said yourself you weren't happy, so its not like you've lost a job you loved and really enjoyed

Now is the chance to move on...

a few Beers first at the weekend though

All the best

imp paul

posted on 16/3/12 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
its not nice or easy to do but you seem brave keep your chin up and good luck with what you do next im sure it was the right thing to do it will come good for you in the long run pal

all the best
paul

mookaloid

posted on 16/3/12 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
this isn't the start of something bad - this is an opportunity to make something good happen.

This is the start of the rest of your life which will be happy from now on.

It's important to look forward, make plans and do what you want to do. What ever you do, you have to make it happen - it won't just come to you, you have to get busy and go get it.

think positive.

good luck!

Cheers

Mooky

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

macc man

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I gave up a well paid job to go self employed 9 yars ago. Had many a sleepless night over it, but resigned myself to making it on my own. Its never easy to change direction but you can have good days as well as bad. Look to the future and make every day count. We should work to live not live to work. Look at your skills and decide what you want to do to give you some job satisfaction. It can be worth more than money. Best of luck.

[Edited on 16/3/12 by macc man]

ross05

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
think positive

my wife and I did the same thing 10years ago,just look at it as a new start.We moved to Spain and have never looked back and have a great life now with no stress.

good luck

cheers Russ

Jaybeee

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
As the old advert used to say "Its Good to Talk"!
mrwibble

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Man up dude! have a beer and shag the wife!
nick205

posted on 16/3/12 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Really feel for you in this situation, but in many respects good on you for ditching it. One thing I learnt from an old boss (and still friend) was that if either employer or employee have had enough it's best to call it quits.

That's easy to stand by in good times, but in the current times it's not so easy. No idea what you do, but the fact that you have 2 avenues lined up already bodes well - it really is who you know not what you know IMHO.

When my employer (of 14 yrs) went bust last July I was blown away by 3 offers of employment from customers and suppliers (no interviews required). As it happens the re-born post administration company was the best option for me, but it gave me a real boost!

Sincerely wish you all the best and hope it works out well for you - it may be the bes decision you've made.

lsdweb

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
AndyW

You'll look back in years to come and see it as a good day :-)

Wyn

big_wasa

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Been there aswell, most stressfull few weeks of my life. I am sure it will all work out. I didnt plan on doing my current job but thats life.
steve m

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I wish i had the guts to do what you have done, but sadly im a wimp!
TAZZMAXX

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Andy,

You never know, the bosses may not be overly happy about what's happened and call you in to talk about it on Monday. The question you have to ask yourself is whether you could go back or would go back. Maybe the weekend will give you time to reflect.

I packed in a well paid job over 7 years ago to start my own business and it was all done on the strength of having only 2 weeks work. I've never looked back to be honest, despite suffering the effects of the recession for the last two or three years. As others have said, this could be the start of something new for you.

It may seem like when you split up with a girlfriend and your mum told you there were plenty more fish in the sea. You couldn't see it at the time but afterwards you knew that things had worked out OK. This will be the same for you now. By the way, how old are you?

There must be a lot of people who are dissatisfied with their jobs at the moment but you obviously felt strongly enough to do something about it. Good luck.

Gareth

Daddylonglegs

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with SteveM, I haven't been happy for a long time doing what I do, mainly due to way too much global travel and too many 'managers' effin' up the game! I have thought about quitting for a while now, but it's the thought of shooting myself in the foot that scares me, especially in the present climate. But as has already been said, once the jump has been made and time moves on, you may look back on the decision as only the right one.

Good luck whichever way it goes, and I'm sure that things happen for a damn good reason

And BTW, you said about a grown man blubbing over the internet etc. well this aint the internet mate, this is LCB and no one will judge you here

Keep us all posted matey

John

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 16/3/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Wish I had the balls.

Good luck with where life takes you next.

woodster

posted on 16/3/12 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure in 6 months time everything will have worked out for the best and you'll look back at this thread and wonder what you were worrying about .....good luck fella, chin up and stay positive ..... Keep us posted
Irony

posted on 16/3/12 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
I have found that good smart hard working people always seem to make a success in the end. It seems bad now but time and hard work will see you right again soon enough
D Beddows

posted on 16/3/12 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, been there done that too :-( nearly ended up decking the Design 'Manager' one day but decided quitting was a better long term option. It's a couple of years ago now (and I'll be honest it took me a while to get another job) BUT I've never regretted it for a second and I have a job I enjoy getting up for in a morning again now!
wilkingj

posted on 17/3/12 at 12:31 AM Reply With Quote
Well I was institutionalised in the Co where I worked. Been there for 41 years. I still walked out. I dont have much money these days, but I feel SO MUCH better. I actually enjoyed my job, but not when you end up doing three peoples work as they got rid of my two oppo's in the previous 18 months. I couldnt and wouldnt do three peoples work for one peoples pay. I threatened to leave, they didnt believe me, so I left.

Its the best thing I ever did, even though I dont have much cash to play with these days.

Dont worry, if you are any good at all, something will come along. There are jobs out there, something will come along that suits you.
Being stressed out and doing something you hate (in my case a triple workload), is soul destroying, and wont do your health any good in the long run. Take this as a step in the right direction to something better. It might not come imediately, but it will come.

Good luck mate.

PS... DONT trash the car... you will finish it eventually.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 17/3/12 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hang in, you'll recover. Been there, done exactly what you did - have been canned more than once I hate to say. Things turn out OK though.
AndyW

posted on 17/3/12 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,

I really appreciate all the positive replies. Im trying to keep my chin up. Didnt eat anything yesterday as felt so sick and lost. Went to be about 8pm. Laid awake for what seems like all night. Up now and still feel like Ive been kicked in the stomache.

But this is a new day. I have some options next week, and I will come out of this both a better person and happier. Although the thought of my mortgage at the end of the month is a tad worrying.

Some one asked how old I was, 39 until April then I hit 40!!

I will keep you posted how I get on and thanks again for so many positive replies......

Andy

Ninehigh

posted on 17/3/12 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daddylonglegs
Good luck whichever way it goes, and I'm sure that things happen for a damn good reason

And BTW, you said about a grown man blubbing over the internet etc. well this aint the internet mate, this is LCB and no one will judge you here

Keep us all posted matey

John

Exactly, not enough men talk about stuff like this..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.