Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: COIL OVER SPRINGS
silverback

posted on 25/3/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
COIL OVER SPRINGS

JUST BOUGHT LOADS OF BRAND NEW COILOVER SPRINGS.
2.25 X 9" 140LB 160LB 180LB 200LB 225LB 250LB 275LB AND 300LB RATINGS

THEY ARE ALL AT A REASONABLE PRICE OF £18 EACH + POST.

RING MICK ON 07821 380888 OR U2U ME.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

owelly

posted on 25/3/12 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Reasonable? I'm sure I've just bought a pair from Rally Design for under £15 each!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeCapon

posted on 26/3/12 at 06:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Reasonable? I'm sure I've just bought a pair from Rally Design for under £15 each!

The price is not the only thing to look at when you are buying springs. What material are they made from? Are they properly closed and ground? Have they been properly shot peened and tempered? Are they designed to avoid excessive stress at maximum travel? Are they properly powder coated?

If anyone is selling springs and is unable to answer these questions you should assume the answer is a no???

You can spend upwards of £70 for an Eibach spring of that sort of size and rating so £18 for a proper job is not dear.

And do these prices include VAT? I think that all the RD prices are + VAT??

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 26/3/12 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

exc VAT

owelly

posted on 26/3/12 at 07:17 AM Reply With Quote
You're right, including p&p and vat, they came to £42. As for the quality of the springs? These are probably the same quality thats holding up pretty much every kit/modified car featured on this site and I have ni reason to doubt them. The ones I fitted 7 years ago havn't failed, gone rusty or caused me any upset, so fitting another pair won't cost me any sleep.
My point was/is, that when buying from a locoster, you're buying from an 'un-known', not a retailer and as such, you'd expect any claims of 'reasonable' to be considerably cheaper than stuff bought from a source backed-up by trading standards, distance selling regs etc.

brookesy

posted on 26/3/12 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
I have just taken delivery of a pair of 200lb x 9'' springs from Silverback and they meet the criteria above and are certainly not cheap knockoffs.

I will be ordering another pair once I have determined the rate required for my setup.

owelly

posted on 26/3/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Is there a way of identifying these 'cheap knock-off' springs? As I've said, I'm happy with the ones I've fitted but if I've been sold substandard springs by RD, then I want to know about it!

silverback

posted on 26/3/12 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
To help out a little. I have bought these from a motorsport warehouse that has gone belly up in todays climate. I know some motor sport shops actually sell this type as My son races with these springs against 20 or 30 other competitors and at least 30% of the drivers are using these springs. My prices cannot have VAT on. I am not a business, I bought these for the racing lads or anyone else I can help who needs coilover springs. There are companies out there that sell these springs for £30 + each. I am hear to help keep prices down. I know I'm not the cheapest, but I certainly aint the dearest.

I am a Racing Sport Fanatic who raced motors back in the 70s and 80s and now my son is racing. I know how dear it can cost on average a year to race, soI do my damndest to help keep prices down.

Mick

silverback

posted on 28/3/12 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
coil over springs

quote:

Just like to let you know that I have just got a pair of springs from Rally design and after comparing them to what I have, I must admit that they are just about as identical as anything could be. I have also checked them on my scales meter and they both give identical readings. I hope this helps you or anyone else who is sceptical about my springs.
Yes they are cheaper untill you put that dreaded VAT on and post.
So I still state that these I have are very reasonably priced.
I am not here for fleecing anybody. I'm just trying to help.
Regards
Mick

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.