Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ADR SPORTS 2 MOULDS
striker1660

posted on 13/4/12 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
ADR SPORTS 2 MOULDS

I have the complete mould set middle two side pods front and rear pieces plus front splitter.

Also have chassis jig table with chassis marked on mdf plus front and rear bulkhead datum points.

Also have 4 basic drawings with dimensions (enough to work out basic dimensions with the table as well to egenarte prototype chassis also included rights to manufacture body, also included 25 or so headlight covers

The basic size is 100" wheelbase /2540mm by 1570mm width edge of tyres. ie. 750mc/seven size.)

similar to radical type shape

Please let me know open to reasonable offers.

I need to shift due to another project coming in so am in need of space in garage.

location in bedfordshire

please send u2u

pictures in photo archive,

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/4/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
is this one of them?

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/4/12 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
is this one of them?

striker1660

posted on 13/4/12 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
yep that's the one.
D Beddows

posted on 13/4/12 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
Has to be said that that's a very bad photo/angle/example - lovely looking cars in the flesh but a bad original concept unfortunately which had nothing to do with the shape of the car........ good luck with the sale

[Edited on 13/4/12 by D Beddows]

striker1660

posted on 13/4/12 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
ADR SPORTS 2

Your right but other pictures on the web how do you attach a photo into a reply?
MakeEverything

posted on 13/4/12 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by striker1660
also included rights to manufacture body, also included 25 or so headlight covers

So has THIS been resolved now then?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

D Beddows

posted on 13/4/12 at 11:31 PM Reply With Quote
Easiest way is to download some pictures from the web to your computer, sign up to photobucket or similar - upload the photos you've saved to there, copy the 'direct link' (with photobucket you just click on the box that says 'Direct Link' and it copies it) and when you post on here click on the button 4th from the left above the box your typing in, right click which should paste the link and you've done it - much easier than it sounds
D Beddows

posted on 13/4/12 at 11:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

But he's not selling the chassis - just enough that you might be able with a fair wind to maybe guess what the original was like......but as the whole original concept was rubbish (but a great looking car) why would you?

Sorry MakeEverything but you need to expand your horizons a little into what could be rather than what was - if you sell something with the 'understanding' you're not going to do something tbh it means nothing.......

MakeEverything

posted on 14/4/12 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
quote:

But he's not selling the chassis - just enough that you might be able with a fair wind to maybe guess what the original was like......but as the whole original concept was rubbish (but a great looking car) why would you?

Sorry MakeEverything but you need to expand your horizons a little into what could be rather than what was - if you sell something with the 'understanding' you're not going to do something tbh it means nothing.......

Thanks for the condescending lecture, but i am aware of needing a little vision to run a business, however am also aware of long drawn out legal battles regarding copyright, intellectual property, and manufacturing rights. Why would you go into a venture knowing that there is a higher than normal likelihood of legal persuits which could not only cost you your original investment but a whole lot more?

I have made some enquiries to the OP as well prior to finding this, and have looked into this as a viable sideline venture. The fact that there are no credible chassis drawings, and that there is a grey cloud over the rights to manufacture for new vehicles as opposed to just replacement parts, then it increases the risk a whole lot more, and subsequently, its viability.

So in response to your "Expanding Horizons" comment, i would suggest you "Expand your vision" and look at the risks as well as the dreams.

[Edited on 14-4-12 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

angliamotorsport

posted on 14/4/12 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
As far as reproducing the bodywork for resale, I understand that it could not be sold as an adr body and also it would be a good idea for any potential purchaser to speak to the original manufacturer anyway.

The original design of the chassis was to accept a bmw shaft drive bike engine and to describe the concept as "rubbish" is being a little unkind.

Chassis drawings, fully dimensioned, do exist, along with drawings for many of the machined parts, so it would be possible to reproduce a working chassis, but again to manufacture this for resale, would I believe, require the agreement of the original manufacturer.

It's a great shame that this project has not been taken in hand by someone as the body design is quite pleasing and I am sure that with a redesigned chassis it could still be an effective competition car.

Anyway, I've had my twopence worth, so I'll keep quiet now.

D Beddows

posted on 14/4/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
The reason I said it was 'rubbish' (which was perhaps a little harsh) is that it was an awesome looking car but every time you saw one driving round a circuit at 'speed' it looked like a proper sports prototype that had the pitlane rev limiter stuck on.....stupid choice of engine imho as despite it's virtues it wasn't up to the job.....sorry and all that, when i saw the first pictures of it I was interested, when I saw the actual cars driving round a circuit I wasn't - as I suspect were most people which is why it never took off like Radicals did. Oh and the 1st ones never seemed to manage 2 laps without breaking down as I recall.... REALLY good looking bodywork though

[Edited on 14/4/12 by D Beddows]

striker1660

posted on 14/4/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
ADR SPORTS 2 MOULDS

You are correct the use of the adr name cannot be used.
angliamotorsport

posted on 14/4/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps you should try your hand at designing, building and racing a car, much more difficult than passing comment.

It may well have been "rubbish" in your opinion but at least they built something and obviously learned from that.

D Beddows

posted on 14/4/12 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm guessing you are or were involved in the ADR - you/they got it wrong,could happen to all off us - move on

I'm entitled to my opinion and you have no idea who I am or what I've done

angliamotorsport

posted on 15/4/12 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I have absolutely nothing to do with adr, the only reason I am commenting is that I saw the first version of the car way back when it looked similar to the BMW Le Mans car and was interested in building one, but based on a different engine/rear suspension setup. Considering they, ADR had to quickly redesign the bodywork for commercial reasons in a short space of time, they did very well in my opinion.

I am only interested in following the progress or otherwise of this particular version to see if anyone can/will take it on.

I'm not really interested if they "got it wrong" as you say or not, and frankly I could not give a flying f..K who you are.

Talon Motorsport

posted on 15/4/12 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
This could be a viable product for some one with the time and money to invest in it as a track day product rather than an all out race car. A chassis could be designed in two bolt together sections to use both car and bike engines so that builders would have the choice. All the hard work has been done in making the moulds for the body work, my approch would be to pull one full set from the moulds then use it as a mass to work from to maybe make it 10-20% different in appearance. Supplying the body work as is with out being able to use the company name is pointless nobody would ever find it, but using it as a base to hit the ground running would seem to be a more viable prospect.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.