Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Strangest thing you have seen on the motorway.
richard thomas

posted on 19/4/12 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Saw one of those Police forced car stops on the M180 a couple of years back....about 5 Police cars i think....like you see on police. camera, action.....
Wadders

posted on 19/4/12 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
A Dodgem car, complete with electric pole, doing about 60 mph.

NeilP

posted on 19/4/12 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
30 years ago a family group who's campervan had broken dancing the congo along the hardshoulder - didn't stop laughing for 20 miles...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

ed1max

posted on 19/4/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Elvis,well a bloke in an Elvis outfit on the M6 hard shoulder
coozer

posted on 19/4/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Driving down the M1 in my truck @49mph... I regularly see LHD foreign truck drivers coming past watching the telly on a lappy and often see them driving with both feet up on the dash with the steering wheel in between

And for some reason Portugal truck drivers out in the 3rd lane, it looks bizzare (to me) seeing 3 trucks side by side across the motorway. Oh and that goes for Range Rover drivers towing trailers as well.

WHERE ARE THE COPS WHEN YOU NEED THEM!!!!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

russbost

posted on 19/4/12 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foskid
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Does me in a Furore F1 count! It usually seems to create some confusion!

Not at all, looking forward to seeing it one day

Ok, I'll have another go then, once saw a bloke on the M6 near Manchester changing his rear wheel in the outside lane - no idea whether he survived!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
morcus

posted on 19/4/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I once saw Armed police pull 3 men from a car at gun point on what was probably the M3 or M4 (we were heading east from the westcountry). it was a bizaar thing. We were in normal traffic going along at normal speed when very suddenly everything cam to a halt infront, we were about 20 cars back so we couldn't really see what was going on at the point. After a couple of minutes we opened up the sun roof to have a look to see if we could see what was happening (Other people were getting out of cars to do the same thing. So 20 cars up theres police cars blocking the road, and 20 metres or so in front is a large convertible in lane three and a police car straddling the hard shoulder and lane one surrounded by about 8 policemen, most of them armed, and one by one three men came out of the convertible with their hands on their heads and ran over too the police car where they were thrown on the ground and searched/cuffed. Once one was doe the next guy would come out and they did the same.

after the third guy was clear, officers were walking down telling people off for getting out of thier cars and saying everything would be moving soon. Then traffic set off as normal and we drove passed the remaining police cars on the shoulder.

I've seen the results of accidents and allways find that pretty scary, at one I stopped so a police car with sirens on could get across from an on ramp to a crashed car in lane three and had someone almost crash into me because he was doing more than the 50 limit posted aproaching the wrecked car (There was a board not far back saying the lane was blocked).

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 19/4/12 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
German Sheppard (dog) wearing a white womans jumper walking down the inside of lane 1?!?

[Edited on 19/4/12 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

slingshot2000

posted on 19/4/12 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
About 30 years ago I was going North on the A19, over the River Tees fly-over. 18years old, flat out in a brand new Transit with a full pallet of bricks in the rear (1 1/4 imp ton) in the outside lane. Coming towards me, in my lane; an old biddy pushing another old gal in a wheel chair !

Must have been over a mile in either direction to any slip road.

Still think about where they were going to and from, whenever I drive over the fly-over to this day.

Regards
Jon

adithorp

posted on 19/4/12 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Mini coming the wrong way in lane one of the M56. Closing at 150mph! Christ the gap closes quicker than you expect and your brain works it out a lot slower than you'd like!

Truck coming off the Weaver bridge on the M56 when a gust of wind tips it onto 2 (well 6 really) wheels. Did 400m at 45' tips back and carrys on without slowing. Took a while to pluck up the nerve to overtake.

About 1980 going up the M61 past the services. Very windy and having trouble holding my Renault12 in one lane at 60, when a Reliant goes by like I'm stood still. A gust of wind and it lifts off, floats clear over lane 2 and lands on the inside lane, then disapears into the distance.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

RickRick

posted on 19/4/12 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Travelling down a 3 lane private road at 100 ish, noticed a motorbike on the inside of the hard shoulder, thought that's strange, followed by Oh Shit, there's a lamp post covering lanes 2 and 3. dodged that, and passed 4 or 5 cars on the hard shoulder punctures and a nice shiney new audi with a busted radiator
austin man

posted on 19/4/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
3 pressure vessels falling from the back of a scrap container after hitting the signage over the motorway little bit of swerving and heavy breaking

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

MikeR

posted on 19/4/12 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Three stick in my mind from when i used to do a lot of miles with work....

Following an audi, watching little things about nut sized bouncing down the road and suddenly lots of white smoke - basically the engine was giving way over a 10 second period.

Following a caravan bouncing from one wheel to another and dragging its car across all three lanes.

Driving up the m40 (From london to brum) and watching a plane fly over the motorway in the distance and lots of men jump out the back. Reality was the motorway curved in the distance but i didn't know it at the time and was expecting to find a blood bath in a few miles time.

bi22le

posted on 19/4/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
A biker passing me at about 100 pulling a wheelie. heavy traffic at the time.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

wilkingj

posted on 19/4/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
A dead body lying in the grass on the side of the A1 in the middle of nowhere. That was about 10 years ago.
Was an old tramp.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
plentywahalla

posted on 19/4/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
A guy in a black mercedes parked in the outside lane and having a wee on the central reservation.

Rules are for the guidance of wise men ... and the obedience of fools. (anon)

slingshot2000

posted on 19/4/12 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigLee
The Flying Scotsman (albeit on a trailer)

Yes, saw her/him once recently on the A1 on a trailer, much more impressive on tracks under its own steam power !

Regards
Jon

nick205

posted on 20/4/12 at 06:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
Going up to scotland in an 7 seater defender to do our D of E gold expedition. We slowly catch up with a bus and proceed to be mooned by 5 or 6 women on the back row of a big bus. All hawt, too. Our scout leader thought it best to overtake which upset us all greatly

[Edited on 19-4-2012 by Benzine]

No cameras on board?

Ninehigh

posted on 20/4/12 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
I once pulled a wheelie at 100mph in heavy traffic

FuryRebuild

posted on 20/4/12 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
M1 southbound yesterday. In traffic jam. Severed horses foot. There was a good 18" of it

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/4/12 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
A Mercedes Saloon car doing 70 - 80mph in the middle lane of the M1, with the Offside wheel (still attached to the vehicle) bouncing nearly a foot clear of the road as he/she was driving along. The back end of the car was not going up and down at all.

Not motorway, but still impressive to see, the Metropolitan Police (all vehicles) Grand Prix, feeding in from Park lane, Bayswater road and Oxford street, then proceeding in a VERY high speed manner up the Edgware road one Sunday late afternoon. At least 35 vehicles (cars, vans, bikes, box vans) counted by one person on board our vehicle. Took nearly 10 minutes for them all to go by, never did find out what it was all about. The only thing we could come up with was the kettle was on at Hendon and the last one back bought the bickies and did the washing up.

[Edited on 20/4/12 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Steve Hignett

posted on 20/4/12 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=118979

Irony

posted on 20/4/12 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Great Dane - 10 plus years ago now I was passenger in a sprinter van towing a large trailer and both me and the driver saw this great dog running towards the motorway. It jumped the barrier and dashed straight out. There was nothing the driver could do and we slammed straight into it. It was so big it's head dented the bonnet of the sprinter. Upon slamming straight into it the van and then the trailer ploughed it under. Upon noticing no slowing down occurring I asked the driver if he was going to stop

Typical Yorkshire response "Naw lad, naw point unless t'radiator is knackered"

Peteff

posted on 20/4/12 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
WE were going to Nottingham VOSA down the M1 and saw a giant shiny red stiletto shoe on the back of a low loader. It was when the 50 limit was in force so we were alongside it for miles.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

locoboy

posted on 20/4/12 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
On the M54 a girl who flashed me her nether regions by kneeling on the back seat and lifting up her skirt with no knickers on and bending over!

Shame my dad was in the car with me at the time

Also a half alive / half dead cow in the fast lane on the M74 that had been hit by a partner Van.

ATB
Locoboy

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.