Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Goodwood Supercar Sunday :(
Worzey

posted on 6/5/12 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Goodwood Supercar Sunday :(

What a disaster!

Having enjoyed the last 3 with the family we decided to head down again despite the rain.

Got to within 2/3rds of a mile from Goodwood by 9am and then sat in traffic for over 2 hours waiting to get parked. The organisation was totally non-existent.

Finally got into Goodwood at 11.15am but by this time the kids were really hungry so we joined the long queue for breakfast. However, when we'd finished all the Supercars had gone home

Cold, wet and very frustrated! What a waste of a day.

Caterham R400

dray13dad

posted on 6/5/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
the quese started at 8 sat in it for half an hour,then turned back and headed for home..
looks like they had no outside car park... guess they want to make the event less popular so fewer turn up
so.
yep wasted my time too.will have to think wether it is worth trying next month!!

will121

posted on 6/5/12 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dray13dad
the quese started at 8 sat in it for half an hour,then turned back and headed for home..
looks like they had no outside car park... guess they want to make the event less popular so fewer turn up
so.
yep wasted my time too.will have to think wether it is worth trying next month!!

Are the outside car parks just grass? If so may be just after all the rain everyone would get stuck, I went to game fair last weekend and the car parks turned into a mud bath most being towed off,

robocog

posted on 6/5/12 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Did the same
20 mins to get to the dual carriageway leading to the goodwood road from here - 1 and a 1/2 hours qued up with hardly any movement just after the Jago jeep roundabout- ETA was just after chucking out time at the rate we were travelling - so the next opportunity (roundabout) we headed back....

Should have taken the motorbike ..but then I couldn't take my lad

Its grown too big for itself

Still- managed to almost get the garage roof up instead so not a completely wasted day
Just the small matter of how to fix the apex (see my other posting)

Regards
Rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.