Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra uprights for swap for cortina uprights
degmwilliams

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra uprights for swap for cortina uprights

As in the title. Iv been building a Haynes and have changed my plans after the show this weekend to doing a tiger Avon. Well iv bought a chassis. I'm in Boston if any one is interested. Thanks
jossey

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I decided on the Avon chassis too but I've used sierra uprights no changes to the chassis just moved the brackets.

Welcome to the tiger Avon world

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
There is a guy at Threeholes the other side of Wisbech that has allways got a set of tina uprights on the shelf.
I dont like your chance of a swap though.

edit

There is also a guy at Sutterton that has sierras and cortinas. The price isnt the cheapest and he doesnt like kitcars. The weeds are also 4ft tall lol but its another option.

[Edited on 7/5/12 by big_wasa]

degmwilliams

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi David, thanks. I went to stoneleigh yesterday with the intention of getting some ideas from all the Haynes but only saw one. Which compared to all the other makes there was very poor. After walking round and going over to the tiger stand I couldn't believe the price of the chassis. I spoke with jim and was hooked. I feel iv made such a good decission and with them only in Wisbech it's only 28 miles from me. I didn't realise you could use the Sierra uprights. Do you need to use mushroom adapters? Like the Haynes?
degmwilliams

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Iv been to the sutterton one. His set back in the early 90s. I didn't see any cortinas there.
big_wasa

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Yeh the weeds around them must be taller. I dont know about the 90's he is eeeeeer a little differant to most folk.
jossey

posted on 7/5/12 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you need the mushrooms and some playing with the top wishbone but nothing serious. :-)

Tiger are great and the chassis's are cheap. Just ensure you use rose joint wishbones to ensure everything lines up. The normal wishbones can be problematic to sort camber and tracking.

Good luck with the build.

I've built some jigs for the sierra uprights which you can borrow if you want to build your own wishbones.

Sierra uprights are cheaper and you can get much cheaper discs n pads.

Good luck.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Laptoprob is a fountain of tiger knowledge too

Cheers

Dave j

quote:
Originally posted by degmwilliams
Hi David, thanks. I went to stoneleigh yesterday with the intention of getting some ideas from all the Haynes but only saw one. Which compared to all the other makes there was very poor. After walking round and going over to the tiger stand I couldn't believe the price of the chassis. I spoke with jim and was hooked. I feel iv made such a good decission and with them only in Wisbech it's only 28 miles from me. I didn't realise you could use the Sierra uprights. Do you need to use mushroom adapters? Like the Haynes?

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
degmwilliams

posted on 7/5/12 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you. You have have been a big help already

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.