Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I am Going to the Nurburgring this weekend. . . .
bi22le

posted on 8/5/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I am Going to the Nurburgring this weekend. . . .

So it seems a lot longer ago but its been only 2 years since I went to the ring. I said I would do it again and I am. Mazie from here is coming aswell in his own car this time.

The car has not changed much but my attitude has, I already have the sticker and T-shirt! I will do a couple of laps with Mazie but want to relax and spectate a bit more this time. There are soo many view points and the roads are nice in that area so ill just go for a hunt and try to find them. Weather may play more of a part this time round aswell.

Ill take lots of photos and do another report when I get back.

12 bikes and 6 cars are going including an Audi R8 (can I have a ride please Mista!)

Got my 2 cans of tyre weld, european recovery, 350 euros, a navi and double the number of pants needed for a weekend, 3! What else do I need!?!?!

Just kidding. Im quite excited so thought I would share it. Wish us all luck.

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Macbeast

posted on 8/5/12 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Say hello to Sabine for me

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

puma931

posted on 8/5/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
look after your car below is my old M3 GT and some crashes @ the ring....

bi22le

posted on 8/5/12 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
mmmmm yummy, got my appetite up!!!

They are small nudges compared to the off I saw last time I went. Click my link below and look at the Honda Civic, mangled!!

Not too phased really though. just feel your way around and dont go over 60-70% same as you would on a normal road. I know the track well and know where the sneaky corners are. . . ALL OF THEM!!!!

I knew a guy that had G5 0RGY, strange.

Og and Ill say hi to Sabrina for you, last time I went she was driving one of the M5 ring Taxi cars, I dont think I would get in if she was driving

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Volvorsport

posted on 8/5/12 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
enjoy , i was there last year ......

theyre not using M5s anymore.....

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

nick205

posted on 8/5/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Are you driving over in the kit or trailering it?

The road trip in itself will be a good experience if you're convoying with all the others

austin man

posted on 8/5/12 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoy we did it last year wet every day threw it down as we came back just the other side of Dartford tunnel. We went around on Sunday afternoon apparently Sunday morning is the best time as its quieter so you get more of the road. Enjoy and get your pics uploaded

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

bi22le

posted on 8/5/12 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
driving all the way there and back. The bikes and cars go seperate till belgium due to boring roads and different ranges (fuel tank sizes). The bikes also cruise at about 100mph, cars 70-80mph.

Belgium onwards is glorius roads so we try to stick together. We dont take the most direct route as per the navi but a route that has been found by a few of the bikers that have been loads of times. The roads are emptier and nicer to be on.

Antnicuk

posted on 8/5/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
ill see you there

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

austin man

posted on 8/5/12 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
we did the across country route added top the mileage but worth it. Our navigator planned fue stops at 100 miles due to the range of the thirstiest motor we did 1200 miles over 5 days

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Volvorsport

posted on 8/5/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
if you take the sat nav route via kerpen , youll go directly past MS kart centre .......

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.