Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which kart track would you recommend around York / Hull area
sonic

posted on 9/5/12 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Which kart track would you recommend around York / Hull area

Hello Guy's

I am wanting to book karting for my sons 12th birthday with two of his mates.

Could anybody suggest a good place to go, ie proper karts and not the young kids type.

Area around Hull,York etc

Thanks

mookaloid

posted on 9/5/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
is Teesside too far away mate?

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Wheels244

posted on 9/5/12 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look at Tockwith near York.
Quite a large open air circuit with twin engined Pro Karts I think.

If you're prepared to travel a bit - try Teeside Karting. The world is your lobster there in terms of race styles and circuits.

sonic

posted on 9/5/12 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hi guy's thanks for the replies.

Tockwith don't cater for 12 year olds, only 16 upwards.

Teeside, I had forgotten about that one, I have been there a few years ago as well.

I will ring them tomorrow and ask.

Thanks

Mark, good to hear from you, are you still doing Harewood hillclimb. I though about going up there on Saturday

Dangle_kt

posted on 9/5/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Three sisters in Wigan? Bit of a trek, but last time I was there the karts looked excellent, and the track is superb.

[Edited on 9/5/12 by Dangle_kt]

andrew-theasby

posted on 9/5/12 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
Ppik in leeds is good, all the karts have been very consistent every time I've been and always very modern, the track is excellent too for indoor karting and I'm sure they'll cater for 12 year olds. Isn't fast track in hull open any more? They had a nice outdoor track a few years ago.
gingerprince

posted on 10/5/12 at 05:56 AM Reply With Quote
+1 for ppik Leeds. Very good track for an indoor circuit with some interesting features. This is a vid from when I went a couple of years ago so you can see the layout:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt4RI3a2jMY

The only downside is the marshalls are quite anal when it comes to yellow flags. E.g if someone spins they slow the whole circuit to walking pace, but inconsistently so you will often lose ground you've made. Probably not a bad thing for young ins though.

MkIndy7

posted on 10/5/12 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
-10,000,000 for PPIK but maybe that's because I'm bitter!
As above the Anal Marshalls but if you get a slow driver infront there's very few places to pass cleanly which if you have people of very mixed abilities or are new to it then it may make any slower ones intimidated and the quicker ones stuck in a chain.

I was in a group race in 5th and recovering from our slowest driver being on.. Got stuck behind 7th who was already 3laps down and he'd cling to the inside of every corner and it's not wide enough anywhere to go all the way round. The only long sweeping corner you could get a good run on him to sneak up the inside under the bridge he'd brake mid corner which you could easily do full throttle.. After the frustrated 5th time of trying I pass him and him slamming the brakes on for be to nudge gently into the back I got sin binned, so told them where to stick it and never went back on!.
When asked why they didn't give him the blue flag "you weren't a leader".. No but I was in a higher position and in the only 3 complete laps before that I'd set the fastest laptime of the whole race and he was obviousley a mobile chicane.. So if that's the standard of marshalling they can stick it! Have vowed I'll never go back now as the time before was similarly poor. In hindsight I should have just rammed him in a slow corner, had the flag pointed at me and carried on.

But yeh Rant over!
Teeside is the very best I've been to, Tockwith was pretty good aswell from what I remember but both outside.. We used to have an indoor track at Batley nr Leeds which was really good but has now closed but think I heard they've setup out Pontefract way in which case I'd recommend those and it's indoor.

reminds me I've not been for so long now, PPIK must have really put me off, used to love going!.

kipper

posted on 10/5/12 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
A friend of mine takes his grandkids to one in Grimsby but I have no more info than that I'me afraid.
Google may bring it up.
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

gingerprince

posted on 10/5/12 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Is Batley closed? I used to do mini moto there - great fun but a bit painful when you're 6 foot 4 bending your knees behind your ears (but not in that way...)
JoelP

posted on 10/5/12 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
PPIK in leeds is awesome I know the feeling about getting stuck behind slow people, you just need to be rude really. Just like my morning commute!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Marcus

posted on 10/5/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone been to the one in Guisley, behind the railway station?
I pass it when I go to see my bro in law.
Or is that PPIK, no idea!!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.