Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt buying advice - V2 whats it worth ??
Andybarbet

posted on 11/5/12 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt buying advice - V2 whats it worth ??

I am planning on using Megasquirt for my Luego Velocity XT.

I have a 1.8 Zetec silvertop with GSXR 600 throttle bodies.

A good friend is thinking of selling his megasquirt, he bought it for his classic mini because he is fittng a K series engine & throttle bodies but he has now decided to go for Omex or the likes because he has limited time to learn about megasquirt wdue to his studying & work commitments etc.

He has offered it to me, basically saying i can have it for what i think its worth or what i can afford etc, now he's a really good mate, i dont know what its worth being 2nd hand, it has been fitted to another car as far as i know, im pretty sure my mate bought it from someone who had already been using it.

If i remember correctly, its a V2, wasted spark with launch control/quick shift.

Will this version be ok for my zetec set up ? & what would you expect to pay or to sell one to a very good friend ? i dont want to take the pee on the price but i also wont need it for a while because im nowhere near even fitting the engine in my chassis so i can only justify getting it if im getting a real good deal if this all makes sense ?

Cheers - Andy

RK

posted on 12/5/12 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not that in tune with your prices in the UK, but I'd offer him 100 quid, and ask if he wouldn't be insulted by that. He can only say no.

Or yes, now that I think of it.

cliftyhanger

posted on 12/5/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt ECU | eBay
megasquirt ecu with impreza NA loom complete kit 2.5 conversion sport | eBay

gives you an idea, but realistically £150-£200 depending on how much you like him......

matt_gsxr

posted on 12/5/12 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
Cheapest new is from Diyautotune in the USA. You would have to add import duty and shipping to the UK. Then you would have to build it.

The second hand values of these hold up pretty well.

£100 + nice bottle of wine sounds fair to me.

coyoteboy

posted on 12/5/12 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Just cost us abou 230 all in to get one delivered from the US to the UK. I'm about to buy another one for my next project, on ebay the cost of them remains about 200ish for a built MS2.
matt_gsxr

posted on 12/5/12 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Actually I am not sure what you have, if it is MS2 then it is worth more than MS1 (so £100 would be too low).

The naming of things is all a bit confusing (at least to me) because they label the different iterations of the boards, so I took it to be V2 board (which is less desirable) MS1. But if it is a late board with MS2 then its worth more.

Sorry to add to the confusion

Andybarbet

posted on 12/5/12 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the advice so far guys, i will find out exactly what version it is in a couple of weeks time when my chum is back in the area.

Sounds like it might be worth a punt though, I can probably find £150 ish at a push but the £300 + is way out of my budget at the moment.

Andybarbet

posted on 14/5/12 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Ive now been told that the megasquirt ive been offered is a MS2 with tacho output, fan control, launch control/quick shift & wasted spark.

Is there anything else i need to know about it ?

My chum has basically offered me it for free if i paint his mini shell for him

Now its been a while since i painted a whole car but it sounds like an offer i cant refuse - as long as this version of megasquirt will be good for what i need.

Kind of a you scratch my back & i will scratch yours, i dont have many pennies at the mo but i can certainly find some time to do the respray if it gets me a useable megasquirt for free.

coyoteboy

posted on 14/5/12 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
MS2 will do what you want no problem, though it could need a few mods depending on the specifics. Bargain if you have the painting skills
michael92

posted on 12/6/12 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Is it still avaliable
MakeEverything

posted on 14/6/12 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andybarbet

My chum has basically offered me it for free if i paint his mini shell for him

I'll come and help fit it too if you paint mine!!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Andybarbet

posted on 14/6/12 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote

Ive got some practice before painting the mini for luke, another chum wants me to paint his fabia Vrs bumper, at this rate i will end up painting for car parts/help

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.