Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do I need st170 injectors or would gsxr ones do?
degmwilliams

posted on 15/5/12 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Do I need st170 injectors or would gsxr ones do?

I bought a smashed up st170, as I wanted to use the engine in my tiger Avon, iv been offered good money for my inlet manifold complete but I wanted to know if when I buy a set of gsxr1000 bodies I would need the fuel rail or injectors off the st170? Any one in the know please advise? Thanks

Building a tiger Avon st170 (slowly)

Dusty

posted on 16/5/12 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
There's nothing special about ST170 injectors unless you want to use the ST ECU which is mapped for those injectors. The inlet manifold, rail etc is neat and fits the ST engine as if it was made for it however!!!
GSXR1000 TBs come with their own rail and injectors which should be fit for purpose or you can choose something with a flow of about 350 - 400cc/min off ebay to run with megasquirt or omex etc.
Down to cost. Does what you could get for the ST kit buy the GSXR stuff and the full kit to fit it. I doubt it!

matt_gsxr

posted on 16/5/12 at 05:25 AM Reply With Quote
If you install gsxr1000 tbi then don't you need some of that manifold as the interface to the engine?
wombat

posted on 16/5/12 at 06:24 AM Reply With Quote
Send me your email address by u2u and I will forward pics etc I have for this figment. But basically you need the plastic inlet manifold + injectors and fuel rail + loom to start. Bigwasa on here will soon recommend to use all the ST standard stuff, as you already have it, may be a good move.....
scutter

posted on 16/5/12 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
I'd recommend using the standard car type injectors, if only because the people mapping your engine will be more comfortable with them. Also the 2.0 mondeo fuel rail gives you a normal Px regulator.

Mine came from a vauxhall c20let engine, they flow more than enough for 190hp, and were picked up for £15

I think they also look neater, but i am bias.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 16/5/12 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'm planning on swapping out my ST injectors for Volvo T5 ones

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.