Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iphone 3gs
mad-butcher

posted on 24/5/12 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
iphone 3gs

help required, It's contract renewal time with t-mobile and basically I'm happy with the phone would like a 4s but I'm not prepared to pay £100 odd on top of £35+vat, 3 have a better deal phone is only £45, but more or less decided on going with 3's sim only all you can eat package,
so here's the question: how easy is it to take my iphone off t-mobile and put it on 3
also just read you can use your phone as a modem: hows that work

TIA
tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave

posted on 24/5/12 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
You need to get the phone unlocked from T-Mobile. This should be done free of charge if the contract is finished. I think the iphone 5 is due out later this year, so it might be worthwhile waiting then the 4s should be cheaper.
gdp66

posted on 24/5/12 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Once the phone is unlocked, take a look at http://giffgaff.com/
adrianreeve

posted on 24/5/12 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for giffgaff
Proby

posted on 24/5/12 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Rather than jumping to gift gaff, it's worth speaking to your provider. I was going to make the jump when my iPhone contract on Vodafone finished, thinking 10/month until I really NEED a new phone rather than wanting one. When I phoned to cancel at the end of the contract, Vodafone offered me a better deal than gift gaff on a rolling 1 month contract. 600 mins, unlimited txt, 500 mb data for £10/month.
EDIT : I can spell giffgaff but my iPhone can't!

[Edited on 24/5/12 by Proby]

gdp66

posted on 24/5/12 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
I agree vodafone retentions team, do very good deals to keep you.
wescottishmatt

posted on 24/5/12 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same issue a few months back. Mine was an O2 contract and when I asked O2 were going to give me equivalant money back for the 3G phone as the cost for the new 4 version.

Checked out ebay and found I could get more for the 3g than O2 offered and so sold it and made around £40 on top of the price of the new phone. O2 even sent me a pay as you go sim card for the old 3G phone.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.