Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much vinyl wrap to do a complete seven?
Tatey

posted on 31/5/12 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
How much vinyl wrap to do a complete seven?

I may be able to buy all of my body work (nose, bonnet, scuttle, front cycle wings and rear wings) for £200 how they are mis matched colours, so I would be looking to wrap the entire car in vinyl, I have played around with the 3M di-noc fake carbon and it seemed quite easy to work with. So could anyone tell me how much vinyl wrap I would need to do the following:

Nose Cone
Bonnet
Scuttle
Front Wings
Rear Arches
Rear Tube
Side Panels

Also are there any recommended suppliers other than 3M and Hexis? I am looking to do my car in a solid red then I can always change it later on if I decide to go for something a bit more individual.

maccmike

posted on 31/5/12 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
dont know but order extra for mistakes and enough to be able to line up the carbon weave line on the adjoining panels.
Upload pictures when done..

rodgling

posted on 31/5/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to recall 6 m did mine. I recommend 3M di-noc, it's extremely forgiving. I don't think other brands are supposed to be anywhere near as good in that respect.
Tatey

posted on 31/5/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say I'd love to do my car in red 3M Di-Noc, but at £340 for 6m of the stuff its a bit expensive....gloss red is just £150 for 6m with a 30cm wider roll so seems like a much more sensible option, but I'll send out a few emails and see what I get back.

I should be picking the body work up on Saturday, I then go on holiday for 10 days and when I get back I think I will order some vinyl and get cracking with the hair dryer!

Panda

posted on 31/5/12 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hexis is good search for wrappers delight rich may have some to sell you much cheaper

Because Race Car

Tatey

posted on 31/5/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
Panda have you got a link or anything for wrappers delight? I can't find anything on google or the forum.
rodgling

posted on 31/5/12 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Di-noc is expensive but if you're not experienced at this sort of thing, with less forgiving stuff I suspect you will end up using more because you have to redo bits. It might be worth getting some smallish samples of different types to experiment with.
Slimy38

posted on 31/5/12 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
I used cheap stuff with my bike. The only bit I had to redo was the fuel tank, but that's because there was no way I could do it in one piece and I didn't get the first seam right. On the much smoother curves of a seven I personally wouldn't bother using the expensive stuff.

The nose cone is the only bit that might be a challenge so expect to do that more than once. Depending on how the rear tub comes together you might have to do the sides separate to the top, but most sevens seem to have some sort of removable panel on the top so doing it like that would work fine. The bonnet, side panels, all wheel arches and the scuttle will be no problem at all.

My next lot of vinyl will come from this place;

http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/index.asp

I'd love to see someone doing something with these;

http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrappingvws4.asp

Tatey

posted on 31/5/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Slimy38, cheers for that link! After looking at their prices I think I may be going for something along the lines of a metallic red, at less than £10 per metre it will cost me 5 times less than the red carbon....meaning I could change my car colour 5 times a year if I really wanted to....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.