Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wishbone bushes
degmwilliams

posted on 5/6/12 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
wishbone bushes

Im just trying to get my wishbones sorted out for my avon. I am going to fab my own, it seems to be quite differcult using the information in the book. What size are all the bushes? On the top rears attached to the upright are the bushes different? They look to be some sort of pressed steel bush, is there a reason not to just use poly bushes here? If so where do you buy these when making your own wishbones? Thanks

Building a tiger Avon st170 (slowly)

jossey

posted on 6/6/12 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger are he only place that sell that size poly bush.

Or you can use rose joints lie I have on most of the joints.
I'm only using poly bushes on the top wishbone front

From memory they are 28mm wide and 34 mm long.

All the bushes are the same. Strontium Dog on here had some spare I'm just sending him some cash for some for mine...

Hope that helps.

I used over sized steel tubes to ensure strength and was easier to find the inner diameter using thicker steal.

Weight wise not great but only 1kg heavier on all wishbones. I can just diet for a week to save that.

The bushes are standard type but not standard size and I have been unable to find anywhere else but tiger...

Good luck.

You could change the wishbone brakets to the standard 42mm (think thats the size) type which are everywhere....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Strontium Dog

posted on 6/6/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

All the bushes are the same. Strontium Dog on here had some spare I'm just sending him some cash for some for mine...

I thought you had forgotten all about them. You are lucky as I was about to put them up for sale. If you still want them them get in touch as I have a set here for you.

Anyone else, I have about 8 left after Jossey has plundered my stock, £4 each delivered!

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x319/zephyr2000/General%20forum%20uploads/?action=view¤t=3DEngine.mp4

jossey

posted on 8/8/12 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Yes sorry for delay. Payment sent

Thanks for your help.

I have a list of stuff longer than my arm n I keep forgetting what I've ordered and not....

Dj

quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog
quote:
Originally posted by jossey

I thought you had forgotten all about them. You are lucky as I was about to put them up for sale. If you still want them them get in touch as I have a set here for you.

Anyone else, I have about 8 left after Jossey has plundered my stock, £4 each delivered!

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
laptoprob

posted on 9/8/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by degmwilliams
Im just trying to get my wishbones sorted out for my avon. I am going to fab my own, it seems to be quite differcult using the information in the book. What size are all the bushes? On the top rears attached to the upright are the bushes different? They look to be some sort of pressed steel bush, is there a reason not to just use poly bushes here? If so where do you buy these when making your own wishbones? Thanks

Do yourself a big favour if you are making your own and make them a little wider.
The front track on an Avon is very small compared to the back which gives alot of understeer(i`m talking from experiance here)
If poss try and get in touch with snakebelly off here(Mac) he has done quite a few and is currently about to fab some for me as he is building a brand new Avon/GTA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.