Poll: who books the locost plot at Newark? & should my bike be allowed on it? [View Results]
Yes its of interest to the locost community
No club stands should be kitcars only
Chris/the plot organiser should decide

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: who books the locost plot at Newark? & should my bike be allowed on it?
locoR1

posted on 6/6/12 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
who books the locost plot at Newark? & should my bike be allowed on it?

As tittle who books it? Does Chris?

Some of you that have followed my build thread will know my locosts not on the road this year due to building the Cafe racer so it looks like i will be on the bike weather permitting.

Newarks less than 2 weeks away i will be camping again as i have done for the past 10 years or so.

Now my dilemma is its a kitcar show do I leave the bike by the tent or park it on the locost plot?

Obviously i don't want to upset anybody so if do i need to ask permission from the person who organises it.

Never done a poll before so hope this works!

What do you think should it be on the club plot?

Dave.

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

maccmike

posted on 6/6/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
dont know but that bike looks incredible
coozer

posted on 6/6/12 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, park it where you like, this is locostbuilders where any type of vehicle build is welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing it and would be pleased if it was next to my car.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

D Beddows

posted on 6/6/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
If it was a bodged together piece of cr*p with a pretty paint job I'd say no, but that is a work of art so yes ABSOLUTELY!!
owelly

posted on 6/6/12 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely not! Only vehicles book built for under £250 should be permitted..........

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 6/6/12 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
I voted yes because I feel that locostbuilders has moved on from £250 kitcars to anyone who has built something awesome in a shed/garage in their spare time. Transport based prefered.
locoR1

posted on 6/6/12 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys kind of what i was expecting and thanks for the kind comments above things have definitely moved on from the £250 days, costs me nearly that for a pair of rear tyres

owelly, Think it could be a bit empty if a £250 rule was applied

Description
Description

perksy

posted on 6/6/12 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
a Yes from me aswell

That Bike should be allowed anywhere

Very Nice

madteg

posted on 6/6/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it should seen it last week and it looks like a piece of Art.
DavidM

posted on 6/6/12 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
Dave,
The club pitch is booked by the Locost Car Club, it's not a Locostbuilders pitch. I think Chris Gibbs books it. Those who were members of the club when it packed up are still members until the funds run out.
I've seen all sorts parked on the pitch and you'd be welcomed with your bike. The pitch is plenty big enough, unlike Stoneleigh where some years you struggle to park a locost because of all the tents and tin tops.

David

Proportion is Everything

locoR1

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
Dave,
The club pitch is booked by the Locost Car Club, it's not a Locostbuilders pitch. I think Chris Gibbs books it. Those who were members of the club when it packed up are still members until the funds run out.
I've seen all sorts parked on the pitch and you'd be welcomed with your bike. The pitch is plenty big enough, unlike Stoneleigh where some years you struggle to park a locost because of all the tents and tin tops.

David

Thanks for that David, I remember now always got confused with the Chris's its an age thing Haven't heard anything about the club for a few year,remember hearing it had folded but never anything official, so that makes me still a member then

Description
Description

DavidM

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
Dave,

David

Thanks for that David, I remember now always got confused with the Chris's its an age thing Haven't heard anything about the club for a few year,remember hearing it had folded but never anything official, so that makes me still a member then

Yes Dave, you're still a member so you can turn up in whatever you like. I'd avoid a mankini though.

David

Proportion is Everything

locoR1

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
What about an MX5

Description
Description

DavidM

posted on 6/6/12 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
MX5's are cool. I love mine, it's brilliant. I'll be in the locost for Newark though.

David

Proportion is Everything

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.