Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: price advice
jabbahutt

posted on 25/6/12 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
price advice

Afternoon all

Well the MK didn't sell last night, so looking at my options. first up I thought I'd check the value with fellow LCB's. I realise that the engine choice isn't bike or modern but it's reliable and still puts a smile on your face when you press the right foot.

so looking for opinion on what price you's advertise the car for, no offence will be taken if you think it's only worth £10 etc but I'd appreciate honest opininons please. Couple of photos to assist.

Many thanks

PAUL FISHER

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
At £6000 it is about right I would say for the spec and top quality build, but sometimes its just a case of waiting for the right buyer to come along, but if you need a quick sale price it at say £5500 with best offers, I would also taken from part of your add below, take some more up to date pictures( people may think they are 4 year old pictures your showing) also remove the bit "looking for project carry out engine upgrades", people may think its not quick or they may have to spend money on it. Instead I would promote the virtues of the Pinto, proven to be reliable, easy to service and cheap to maintain etc

But good luck with the sale, it will sell its a great looking car

PLEASE NOTE – front view photo does not reflect current appearance due to minor alterations (indicators changed to black casing and stalks removed. Daylight running lights added and carbon fibre canards added to nose cone – see current photo of car in garage)

No time wasters please. Ideal first kit car or for someone looking for a project with plenty of scope to carry out engine upgrades etc.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

stupott901
Builder

Posts 163
Registered 11/2/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: built mk indy blade now got a cobra

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
That looks pretty tidy to me Id pay 6-8 k for it
jabbahutt

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Many thanks, good point on the photos and the wording. I'll get some new photos taken and make sure the wording is better. First attempt at a car advert as my previous tin tops all go to the scrappies due to the age and condition.
scootz

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
If it is indeed as pretty and well-built as the pictures suggest then I'd be advertising at £6k... and maybe open to a deal a little below of I wanted rid quickly.

It's Evolution Baby!

jabbahutt

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
The car does indeed look as pretty/tidy in the flesh as the photos suggest. I'll get her out and about as soon as possible and get some brand new photos taken.

Thanks all for your input, just didn't want to be asking around £6k when cars are only currently fetching £4k.

I'll list her again with new photos and revised wording and see what happens.

Thanks again

Coopz

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I think you are priced correctly, but as said unless you want a quick sale the right buyer will come along!
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 25/6/12 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
5.5k to 6k seems fair really depends on if you want a quick sale?
Not Anumber

posted on 25/6/12 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Is there a link to the wording for the advert ?
bobinspain

posted on 25/6/12 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Jabba.

To put it in perspective, I paid £15k for an MK Busa factory build with a few 'bells and whistles.'
I'd've bought your 'toy' for £6k no sweat and trousered £9k.
Don't sacrifice it. You'll regret it..
Good luck.

Wadders

posted on 25/6/12 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
£6k would seem reasonable, however i think you have to accept nothing much is shifting at the moment, and the market for
built kits is not massive to start with. Everything sells at the right price, you just have to decide if its enough for you.

Tidy looking car BTW, good luck with the sale.

Al.

franky

posted on 25/6/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
it looks pretty but if others are only just selling at 4k maybe you'll have to come down in price?
mk-indy-zx9r

posted on 25/6/12 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
hello,
im actually looking for a mk indy as you know.
ill honest with you a thats what your asking for-

i had a mk indy it was built to a very high spec and was powerd by a zx9r and had willwood calipers all round and was spotless.
i had it valued by mk sports cars who valued it at 6k
also had a valuation on here some were too and the values were also comming in around a similer figure.
i couldent find any think to the same spec for £6k

for me it seems there is alot of overpriced kitcars on the market, but when you think of it the kit car is like no other car its unique so every one is differnt with differnt specs and build quality !

i believe some think is only worth what some one else is willing to pay for it.

i did have a good look at yours and conciderd the cost of altering it to a bec and fitting better brakes ect and it would cost too much. would cost me about £4k to fit willwoods,hayabusa or zzr14 engine and a rollcage, i wouldent insult you with a 2k offer lol
ill wait for a mk with a blow engine or similer or a cheap bec with the spec im after.

i would say money for every one is tight especally to go buying toys for the few days of sun we do get.

you could hold out and hope its worth to some one else what you asking for it or take a loss for a quick sale and put it on ebay for 99p with no reserve and see what some is willing to give for a quick sale?

personally if it was me i woud recatify any think that was bothering you about it and keep it as you probley will miss it when the suns comes out and you pass another kitcar one the road.

hope ive not insulted you in any way - its just a honest opinion of a genuwin buyer

Not Anumber

posted on 26/6/12 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt be put off by the apparent concentration on bike engined cars. Though there are lot's of BECs on here dont forget that car engines are very much the norm for the Haynes Roadster, GBS, Caterham and plenty of other 7s. The idea of buying something with an unstressed engine with plenty of torque and that anyone can maintain attracts plenty of buiders and buyers in the outside world.
franky

posted on 26/6/12 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
I think a bike engine would ruin this car. Also the annoying thing is buyers look for Hi-spec brakes and other bits of useless bling instead of looking at how nicely a car's been put together, thats what matters with cars like this, go faster bits can be bolted on in a few hours, a poor or average build will take a full year to correct.

This looks like a lesson in how to finish a car properly

Ps, i'd love to see more pics.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.