Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Reg & MOT
Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/6/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
New Reg & MOT

Right, finally got it 'from the horse's mouth'. After emailing the DVLA regarding the supposed need for me to supply an MOT before they will register/tax my car, I got a reply from them and the main text was as below:

"I can confirm that an MOT test is needed if a vehicle is first registered more than 3 years ago, or it was manufactured and used on a road not less than 3 years before being registered. The date a vehicle is registered under a “Q” mark will be the date of first registration, an MOT is not required until 3 years from that date. The legislation supporting this is Section 47( 2) of the Road Traffic Act 1988."

So, as far as I'm concenred that's it! My test isn't until 24th July, so I will write to my local DVLA office and quote the reply I was sent. I hope they do not try and stall things for the registration.

Hope this helps others out there.

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

johnwilders

posted on 27/6/12 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Nice man in my local DVLA office sorted mine all out for me, even gave me an AE12 plate? Very nice man.
rallyingden

posted on 28/6/12 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
I phoned the DVLA when my Q plate was due to be re taxed as the V11 reminder stated it needed an MOT. He looked into it and said NO its OK for 3 years and the post office staff should know that. He went on to say that if I had any problems to get the staff to ring him at his workstation ( he gave me the number ) or I also fill in a self declaration that the vehicle does not require an MOT V112.

See my other post http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=166207

Simples

RD

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.