<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Kit Car Crisis The truth behind the car
Stott

posted on 2/7/12 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by woodster
That's when I thought that blokes a knob ed

For me I think it was the "a pop what? pop rivet? how does that work....oh wow that's really useful" bit

richard thomas

posted on 2/7/12 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's good for you to finally let us know what happened....it did strike me that the lad was a bit 'lacking' in certain ways.....and I am sorry for your losses...but as said before, you did seem like a decent enough chap on the programme....

In fact, the only thing I saw that gave him any credibility was the fact that he knew one of the PPC guys....for what it's worth...that said there's a lot of projects that go unfinished on there too....

tul214

posted on 2/7/12 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul,
Good for you for posting the truth and good luck in the future.

Mark
(The Tiger is now gone but I had a lot of fun with it )

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

scootz

posted on 2/7/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody hell...

Sounds a complete nightmare!

Onwards and upwards fella!

It's Evolution Baby!

fifty50

posted on 3/7/12 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the positive comments, Its made me feel much better about the whole thing
fifty50

posted on 3/7/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
Hi Paul,
Good for you for posting the truth and good luck in the future.

Mark
(The Tiger is now gone but I had a lot of fun with it )

Hi glad to hear that, Have you got anything else now?

scootz

posted on 3/7/12 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Can anyone point me in the direction of an online series link?

Cheers!

It's Evolution Baby!

Steve Hignett

posted on 3/7/12 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Scootz, if you watch it, just be prepared to immediately (I honestly mean within a matter of seconds) find the guy to be a pious, hypocritical, obnoxious, know it all, scaredy-cat, prick of such un-manageable proportions that he even shakes hands sideways as if he's "Gangsta"...

When he was not appreciative of helpers work, I wanted to head-butt him.
When he was laughing at other's misfortunes, I wanted to stab him.
When he hit a friends hand with a big lump hammer, I wanted to murder him with 1000 knitting needles...
And when he shook hands sideways in the exhaust manufacturer's place, I totally lost the plot...

What a complete and utter dick...
Sorry for anyone offended by bad language (unless your name is Mark Reynard), but he suits so many expletives, it's unreal Scootz!!!

scootz

posted on 3/7/12 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Steve. I think viewing is a must (I love being outraged! ).

It's Evolution Baby!

Confused but excited.

posted on 3/7/12 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
I thought that the whole point of the series was to show people what a complete knob MR was and how not to build a kit car.
He is an even bigger tit than I first thought now that we know how much support he had.
A total oxygen thief.
I feel for fifty50 as he must have been gutted. I can't honestly understand why he isn't doing time for the pratt. He must be a very laid back guy.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

loggyboy

posted on 3/7/12 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Starts again 11th of July on Discovery Turbo:
http://www.discoveryuk.com/tv-guide/?type=series&style=day&channel_code=TUUK-ENG&filter=1800&series_id=111683

Mistral Motorsport

Westy1994

posted on 3/7/12 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
^^^

No Thanks, one viewing was enough.............

I wonder if the parts suppliers got paid, GAZ for example, its one thing giving up your time to help out, but quite another if it costs you to do so....

loggyboy

posted on 3/7/12 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
IM gonna watch it again just got the comedy/cringe factor, just noticed that a racing car is born is showing.. missed the first 2 episodes, but ply Sky+ is going to be full!

[Edited on 3/7/12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Westy1994

posted on 3/7/12 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
You did not miss that much on those two eps, mainly involved him looking at which kit to build and a factory tour once he had decided, I have them all on the pc here and watched the whole thing again only just last weekend, apart from the IVA comedy episode, I loved it all.
jacko

posted on 3/7/12 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul
I am glad you have posted the full story i have thought for a few years that you should .

I have met you a few times at your yard and at shows and always found you to be knowledgable in kit cars
I hope all goes well for you
Graham ( from Hull )

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 3/7/12 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Watched the first episode... the boy Raynard is indeed coming across as a prize-twazzock!

It's Evolution Baby!

Westy1994

posted on 3/7/12 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Only the first one.... I did warn you, hehehe. It gets worse - far worse........
scootz

posted on 3/7/12 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote

It's Evolution Baby!

scootz

posted on 4/7/12 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Episode 4 in the bag!

This guy Raynard has even more gear and less idea than me! Who would have thought it possible!?

I've been trying not to prejudge him, but he reminds me a little of Richard Hammond, so he's off to the worst possible start! His subsequent attitude has done little to improve the situation!

It's Evolution Baby!

Steve Hignett

posted on 4/7/12 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Wait for the Exhaust builder episode and when he walk's in and give it the - Sideways handshake Oh, and I think the words he uses when shaking hands like a gangsta are; How's you, man?. What a complete t w a t............
FuryRebuild

posted on 4/7/12 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
was this the series where he was welding in washers around the suspension mount holes to narrow the hole sizes rather than sourcing appropriate sized bolts? That made me cringe - totally inappropriate metal to metal contact, and wrong sizes. In no time they would have worn and become dangerous.

that made me giggle and shudder at the same time.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

fifty50

posted on 4/7/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FuryRebuild
was this the series where he was welding in washers around the suspension mount holes to narrow the hole sizes rather than sourcing appropriate sized bolts? That made me cringe - totally inappropriate metal to metal contact, and wrong sizes. In no time they would have worn and become dangerous.

that made me giggle and shudder at the same time.

Fifty50; Actually the reason for the washers was that he had ordered different dampers from Gaz to those that the chassis was designed for, the washers were supposed to be a tempary fix until we could get some spacers machined up, but that was typical of many other things that went on behind the camera, like the weekend I tuned up and he'd cut the pedal box away to fit some expensive pedal set as he thought the cars manufacter designed one wouldn't be right for racing, yet the we'd never had any problems with pedals and the levers were calculated exactly to provide the right breaking and pressure for track use. how he ordered wheels with the incorrect width and off set and they had to be remade, some of the brake parts had to be remachined as he had given the brake manufacturer the wrong measurements. nearly always we found these things out just as filming would start - just a total plonker!!

fifty50

posted on 4/7/12 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Hignett
Wait for the Exhaust builder episode and when he walk's in and give it the - Sideways handshake Oh, and I think the words he uses when shaking hands like a gangsta are; How's you, man?. What a complete t w a t............

Fity50. He told the exhaust builder that I was paying for the exhaust as it was part of the kit, lucky for me I had forwarned the exhaust guys of him, so they wouldn't let him take the car until it had been paid for, so it had ended up with one of the film crew paying for it on his credit card. and that after they had worked all day on building the exhaust for him.

Westy1994

posted on 4/7/12 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Fifty50, did the TV company do you think, purposely choose this guy and edit the show accordingly to portray not only himself, but you as the fall guys of the show, rather than the subject of building a car. A sort of reality show depicting a guy that is doomed to fail from the outset... I ask this because having only just watched this for the first time the other day, I can't believe that they actually let it be released for public viewing otherwise, or was that the point.

I have a feeling based upon your comment that the title was changed, what the answer might be, but why should you and your company suffer for the plainly childish antics of a wannabe racer. Did the TV company not realise that this had far further implications than seeing one man fail on screen?.

loggyboy

posted on 4/7/12 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
I think the crisis title is much more tongue in cheek than you make out. I never assumed it meant that the whole build was a crisis and doomed to fail from day one, I think its just the fact it rolls off the tounge quite nicely!
It seems there are a couple of other 'crisis' programs, are these similar in content?

[Edited on 4/7/12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.